Electric drivers seat rewiring

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Volvoturboman

Electric drivers seat rewiring

Post by Volvoturboman »

First of all hello, new to this forum and looking forward to meeting some smart new people. As the user name suggests I'm not really a Peugeot man but a Volvo man (I found the Volvo section an amazing coincidence). Anyway ended up in a 406 after the timing belt on my dear old V70 broke causing uneconomical damage.

Without rambling to much I may explain what brought me here in the first instance. As a taxi driver I had to get leather trim fitted and got a great deal on some executive interior. As my car is a 99 Rapier it's more basic than a wooden shed so no extra wiring. Anyway back bench fitted, front passenger seat fitted and working, now left with the drivers seat. It is an electric memory job and I'm aware of the whole memory nightmare so I've bought a switch from an SE no memory. My problem now is both wires from motors on seat and switch I bought have no plugs and the wires are different colours so can anyone tell me what colour matches which?

Thanks in advance

Just want to add 406 is so far proving to be a pretty well put together motor car and as a long time French car hater I'm very surprised and pleased. Just one downside, it's painfully slow and seems defeated by any sort of incline!!!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Electric drivers seat rewiring

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi there, welcome :cheesy:

The 90s are reputed to a bit glacial but that sounds perhaps a tad extreme - you sure it's running ok?

Pug (& Citroen) don't actually do colour codes, they go by tiny numbers printed on the wires :(

This might give you an idea:
but I guess you're missing one of these connectors for a start (presumably the one on the left.) I guess you'll probably end up figuring out which switch is which using a meter and firing 12 volts into the motors to see what does what (avoid the blank positions at the top of the right hand connector as they'll be the position switches...)
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Volvoturboman wrote:First of all hello, new to this forum and looking forward to meeting some smart new people.
Hi & welcome to the forum. 8)

Being neither smart nor new, I can't really add much to Steve's advice.

IIRC, some years ago there was a guide to fitting motorised seats to cars without, may be worth a search.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Volvoturboman

Post by Volvoturboman »

Thanks for the help guys really appreciated, I'll get a proper look on Tuesday and let you all know how I get on. As for the speed, yeah the cars running like a dream. On a flat road it'll keep up with anything but any form of incline its just tiring. It could however be as my colleagues like to point out that on my day off I drive my C70 T5 GT which is 240 brake. Maybe the 150 brake difference is to much!!!
Volvoturboman

Post by Volvoturboman »

Thanks guys for all your help got seats fitted. Electrics all working, was fun trying to wire switch but got there in the end. Overall a fairly straight forward job!!!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Excellent! I'm glad to hear it went ok :cheesy:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.