Air direction controller

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Air direction controller

Post by FarmerPug »

Does the air direction controller make much noise on the 406, i think mines not working right because with the windscreen demist on the face vents still blow out air, and they still blow out air when the climate control is set for feet only. And there never seems to be a noise of a motor working when changing the setting unlike the recirculation flap which does make a noise.
Busman
3.0 24v

Re: Air direction controller

Post by Busman »

That sounds like the way both of my D9's work. I guess that's why they have flaps on the outlets?
1999 HDI 110 GLX Estate Sold On at 230,000 miles to the lucky John
2003 HDI 110 Rapier Estate
1998 D8 1.9XUD Estate LX 7 seater Estate sold, with regret
1999 306 1.8 petrol.
hammerman
2.0 Turbo

Post by hammerman »

My 2003 will blow from the face vents too no matter if its set to feet,windscreen etc.I just shut the face vents if i just want it on my feet or on the windscreen.
2003 Hdi Est SE
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

They all do that sir - some cars do, some cars don't. My old recirc motor was as quiet as (especially when it was broke) but I can hear this one working, however I can't hear the direction motor. If you want to check it's working put the fan on full tilt, shut the face vents, adjust it from your feet to the screen and you should hear what it's doing. Same deal with the ricirc motor btw.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

No problem, i had the glovebox out last week for something else and was just checking over all the ventilation stuff while in there, the recirculation motor flap is ok, and the fan works fine i just was wondering if there was problems with the direction control flap.

The air con also seems to have a habbit of turning on every time the car starts up or a change is made to the climate control, i need a regas so it cant be doing much good the AC coming on.
hammerman
2.0 Turbo

Post by hammerman »

If i go from manual to auto mode the a/c will always come on.The a/c will work or not work.If its low on gas or it senses its low on gas it wont work,no matter if its switched on.Its a safety feature afaik on all a/c systems.
2003 Hdi Est SE
rwb
3.0 24v

Post by rwb »

Indeed I find the blower position indicator to be less than perfectly truthful.
rwb wrote:
  • Up: outer vents still work but middle ones get reduced flow.
  • Centre: appears truthful.
  • Up and down: all vents also work, i.e., it is really up, centre and down.
  • Centre and down: appears truthful.
  • Down: actually centre and down.
I believe the demist button gives it carte blanche to do whatever it pleases.
This does seem to support that there is a problem switching off flow to the vents. Would be interesting to see how this compares to the manual system.

Current: 407 2.2 HDi 170 & C6 2.7 HDi.
Former: 406 1.9 TD; 406 HDi 90; 407 2.2 160; 307cc 180; 508 HDi 140.
Map of PeugeotForums users offering PP2k
ZilogJones
2.0 16v

Post by ZilogJones »

Thanks to my Paddy-spec Rapier I guess I'm the only one around here with manual aircon :)

It never seems to completely stop airflow from the centre vents no matter what setting it's on, and works much like rwb's description except it doesn't have the option for just down - it goes:
Demist -> All -> Centre and footwells -> Centre

Also I get an annoying whistle when the heat control is set to around 10-11 o'clock :frown:
2002 2.0 HDi 90 Rapier saloon (for sale)