Air bagged drivers seat

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

hammerman
2.0 Turbo

Air bagged drivers seat

Post by hammerman »

Has any one ever replaced a front seat frame using the original seat cushions??My drivers seat frame snapped last year,i had it welded for the mot but its just snapped again.Have temparary replaired it with some jublie clips again for now.But i really think i will need a new seat/frame.Mine are electric air bag half black leather(late 2003 SE)I can get a non air bag elec cloth seat from the breakers for £25 but am a bit reluctant to strip mine down.It looks like i would have to cut the air bag wires on mine as there is now plug for it under the seat.The rest of the electric adjustment loom is fitted with plugs.
Any help or advice would be welcomed.Thanks :)
2003 Hdi Est SE
RobTurbo
2.0 16v

Re: Air bagged drivers seat

Post by RobTurbo »

You can strip the seats down fairly easily, I stripped the foam/covers off my old seats when I swapped over to leathers, put the foam and cloth in the skip at work and the frames are in my scrap pile ready for my next weigh in!

You don't need to cut any wires, everything unclips or is cable tied.
hammerman
2.0 Turbo

Re: Air bagged drivers seat

Post by hammerman »

Thanks for that.As the mot is not due till oct,i think i will wait to the better weather.
2003 Hdi Est SE