Fog lights

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

midsdaz
3.0 24v

Fog lights

Post by midsdaz »

Right having sprayed the inside of my headlights to give the smoked effect I thought have a bash at te fogs but the glass does not want to budge anyone done this and got any tips or how to any info would be great
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Fog lights

Post by FarmerPug »

soak them in hot water, then take the lights out of the water and use a hairdryer to heat up the adhesive, once its warm then attempt to seperate the glass from the light, try first to cut the adhesive away by running a knife through the gap, then slowly and carefully pry the two apart. To restick the lens make sure everything is dry and use tigerseal or another suitable adhesive/sealant.
JD406
2.0 16v

Re: Fog lights

Post by JD406 »

Yo do this I used the oven method. Before you do this make sure you remove the reflective section that holds the bulb. I put mine in the oven on about 50 decrees celcius and just kept checking it by putting a spoon in the gap where the adhesive is and gently prying it apart. Eventually it should come of and won't damage your fog light or the oven. Here's a pic of mine
Attachments
foglight.jpg
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car...is your story. So don't let someone else write the book." - Moog