Blue dash lights (D9)

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

JD406
2.0 16v

Re: Blue dash lights (D9)

Post by JD406 »

It is possible, my car is a 2002 D9 and that has the little smds. Im not the best with a soldering iron, you just got to take your time and have a bit patience.
"I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car...is your story. So don't let someone else write the book." - Moog
NineWhileNine
1.6 8v

Post by NineWhileNine »

JD406 wrote:have a bit patience.
Ahh, it definitely counts me out then :lol:
1987 Fiat X1/9
2002 406 Coupe S&B 2.2 Petrol Manual
Done: JVC KD-DB101 into stock JBL Amp/Speaker & Stalk Control - DAB Aerial - Strut Brace - De-badged - Flip Key Fob - Air Freshener
To Do: Trip Computer/Stalk Button - Renew Air Freshener
CBDSonline
1.8 8v

Post by CBDSonline »

Cheers for the info from the various members.

I am in the process of change over from (yuk) orange to white and blue.

Door windows switches are white (ish) since its a taxi all the door handles light up bright white, ( cos i was getting sick of the how do you open this bleeding door i can't find the handle) Have wired the leather door card puddle lights up and have them working when the doors open and fade out when closed (LED bulbs all round so BSI dont have a hairy fit) but cos its a taxi and i can't afford to have a few days off (yup tight arse) i hear u say. ( i cant afford to strip it one day, order LED's and wait 3 days for delivery and then have to try and put it all back together again to be ready for work on the 4th day)

Has anyone got any pics of the speedo/rev counter board with the LED's fitted so i can find out what size the smd LED's are then i can order the right size of LED's before i start the removal and change over process ??

Also do i need to strip the speedo/rev counter clocks down to do it. as in remove the front, needles off etc or does the board just unplug from the back of the unit.

cheers

Chris
406 D9 2002 in Met blue . Full leather interior. Fully working puddle lights (LED's). Both interior lights work from the front switched light (LED's). Door handle Lights (internal LED's). Yup i love LED's but not as much as the BSI does .
CBDSonline
1.8 8v

Post by CBDSonline »

A close up ish pic of the aircon circuit board and smd leds

24 x Orange 3528 (size) led's
3 x Yellow 3528 Led's

I am only changing the orange and leaving the yellow as they are the little light when you press the heated screens buttons etc.

Lets hope the img tag is ok :D
406 D9 2002 in Met blue . Full leather interior. Fully working puddle lights (LED's). Both interior lights work from the front switched light (LED's). Door handle Lights (internal LED's). Yup i love LED's but not as much as the BSI does .
Irish406
1.8 8v

Post by Irish406 »

That change in the standard lights is a class job....looks really really good....Not sure I'd have the patience to do it but looks the bizz...
Eoin
2000 406 1.8 Petrol D9 (Selection Pack)- Ireland
To do - Get manual/service book, wind deflectors, Get the buttons on the remote central locking sorted, replace tape unit