Wood Trim Removal

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ares
3.0 24v

Re: Wood Trim Removal

Post by Ares »

Hhahaha you made me crack :cheesy:

-butcher the hell out of those clips hahha

anyway,very good how-to guide,didnt knew how to take those things down.
for door panels,no sweat,just unscrewing two screws and pull it gently out.
dieselink
2.0 16v

Post by dieselink »

@ waue1978,do u still have car mate,i am after a bit please.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Well there we have it. It took 1hour to remove all 4 panels and wood trims, then sprayed them Monaco Blue to match the car, and laquered them in the garden over the weekend. Just taken another hour to refit. Not sure if the finish will stand the test of time but we'll see.
I have attached ( I hope ) a before and after pic, maybe inspiration for someone else...??
Before, obviously.
Before, obviously.
After, in case you were wondering.
After, in case you were wondering.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Well, got bored of the blue trim and decided to go for black-ash instead, including the ashtray, from a 2003 Rapier. Here is the latest picture of my interior.
All the tatty silver trim bits have been replaced with black trim bits from my old Hdi90, and the tan steering wheel from a coupe.
I may remove the flaking and scratched blue paint from the walnut trim, clean them up and put them back on one day.....
IMAG0539.jpg
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

For them silver trim bits i had some scratches on mine only light, but t cut managed to help remove the scratches.

Although the inside of your car is looking nice, the steering wheel especially.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Thanks, I was umming and ahhing about the steering wheel for a bit, but it looked nice on a coupe with the same colour trim and one came up on eBay for £15.
My silver trim was beat to pieces and really rough to touch. I also felt that the silver trim, tan leather, walnut wood etc was too many different colours. I thought the blue trim would tie it all together nicely and was happy with it for a while but the black-ash on donor car was hard to resist as it looked nice and shiny..... :cheesy:
waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Post by waue1978 »

GingerMagic wrote:My silver trim was beat to pieces and really rough to touch. I also felt that the silver trim, tan leather, walnut wood etc was too many different colours.
Glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like it. I'd always decided that if I ever got a late 406 with all the grey trim, that I'd change it for the older black stuff. The black cleans up better too. You could probably also make a tidy profit selling the grey trim on too as there's no shortage of people who will pay extra to make their interior look newer.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k