Power Folding Mirrors

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

stealthe
2.0 16v

Re: Power Folding Mirrors

Post by stealthe »

stealthe wrote:It's hard to see the wiring on the door but,
that's the wiring on my GTX. There are only the five wires for the glass position and heater.
I had a quick look on the Exec doors a while ago, because someone asked about the relays inside the door.
As far as I could tell by touch, there were no relays in the door. I don't recall hearing anything when operating the mirrors either.
Once I get my current Exec back I'll check that. (But I'm not going to strip it down!)

stealthe
There is still the issue of the wiring to the mirror plug, and possibly the relays. The GTX does not have the wiring for the fold motors at the mirror plug.
I don't have time to strip the doors on my Exec before I go to work though!
stealthe
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

stealthe wrote:
stealthe wrote:It's hard to see the wiring on the door but,
that's the wiring on my GTX. There are only the five wires for the glass position and heater.
I had a quick look on the Exec doors a while ago, because someone asked about the relays inside the door.
As far as I could tell by touch, there were no relays in the door. I don't recall hearing anything when operating the mirrors either.
Once I get my current Exec back I'll check that. (But I'm not going to strip it down!)

stealthe
There is still the issue of the wiring to the mirror plug, and possibly the relays. The GTX does not have the wiring for the fold motors at the mirror plug.
I don't have time to strip the doors on my Exec before I go to work though!
stealthe
I guess that the wiring should be there being a top spec, but I'll check that too if I have time this weekend.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

OdinEidolon wrote:...I assume the BSI doesn't have anything to do with that.
Even on the later fully multihex car all the BSI seems to do is supply power.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

steve_earwig wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:...I assume the BSI doesn't have anything to do with that.
Even on the later fully multihex car all the BSI seems to do is supply power.
Yep, and when you ask for 10mA more it goes crazy! A simple relay will make it go mad at times (see the footwell lights thread). Stupid french electrics.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

It's funny how on PP2000, there's an option to " Mirrors and seat memory " ,

More even fun is how my very low spec estate had all the wiring and stuff to become an GTX, the only reason i see why all the stuff is there is because my estate have cd changer and sunroof, so they (peugeot) could just change few things ... my friends estate which is from 2000 too doesn't have all the wiring i have, but he's estate is higher spec model and doesn't have cd changer ( radio CD ) and doesn't have sunroof ...

Well peugeot is somehow smart on this end, because i suppose that sunroof and cd changer is from serie on GTX ... so the first owner of this estate wanted the cd changer and sunroof but did not want any other extra so peugeot just pick up the GTX model and started swaping some little stuff .. like the on board computer which was disabled and now it's 100 % working :D, and there is also the eletric and heat seats wiring ...

I still have to confirm which wires i have on the drivers side mirror ...

Stealthe have you got the opportunity to connect to PP2000 your GTX ? and see what options is shown like present/absent on BSI codification ... ?

Thank you very much.
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
stealthe
2.0 16v

Post by stealthe »

I can confirm that the switches from a late '52 Exec fit and work all the functions on a 2000 model Exec, so the wiring hasn't changed.

I did try pp2k on the GTX but as I had several parts of the loom unplugged I got a screen full of errors and got sidetracked, sorry.

stealthe
wasp
2.0 16v

Post by wasp »

Ive fitted power fold mirrors to my 1999 glxd9
i changed the front door looms from an exec 2001, including the relay 'pack' in drivers door and powerfold type window/mirror switches .
the power folds still didnt work, but from what i remember having checked the wiring with a volt meter i had to change (loop back) a couple or three wires in the drivers door as these would have gone to the seat memory ecu (mine doesnt have) under the drivers seat. it was a while back now so cant remember exactly what i did but i managed it without much/any electrical knowledge!! and still no fires....
Anyway i have powerfolds now,how cool is that! , but every 6 months or so they both need lubricating with wd40 as they get a little jerky.
When i get time ill try and get them working off the deadlock solnoids- shite a carnt spill!,for ultimate show off status!
i didnt have pp2000 then so you dont need that.
"A HDI Is For Life and NOT Just For Xmas!!!"
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

I was thinking of modifying mine so they fold when the window power supply is removed, (same idea as you really).

To me, the ideal is for them to fold only after you get out of the car, (I think 307's and the like fold when you turn the ignition off).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

I do like the idea of them folding when deadlocking
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
peo
1.8 16v

Post by peo »

ok, i've just bought a couple of folding mirror for my 406 sr pack. I've only five wires to my original mirrors. I think that I'll have to buy a relay of folding mirror in 406 coupe. Shortly I'll make photos. :)
Peugeot 406 HDI SR Pack Fase II 2004 with Brembo calipers and strut force
peo
1.8 16v

Post by peo »

ok, i've mounted my english folding mirrors but doesn't mount correct because we drive at left and I don't see well in mirror. :evil:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

peo wrote:ok, i've mounted my english folding mirrors but doesn't mount correct because we drive at left and I don't see well in mirror. :evil:
Well you just have to buy new mirrors (only reflective parts), it's cheap.

OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

peo wrote:ok, i've mounted my english folding mirrors but doesn't mount correct because we drive at left and I don't see well in mirror. :evil:
Peo, you still there?

Can you give some hints on how you did it?

peo
1.8 16v

Post by peo »

Yes, the only problem I have is when the mirrors are mounted in my 406 in Spain the angle of mirror is too different because we drive in left drive. I bought these mirrors in England and I thing to send these mirrors because I can't mount in my 406 car. :cry:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

peo wrote:Yes, the only problem I have is when the mirrors are mounted in my 406 in Spain the angle of mirror is too different because we drive in left drive. I bought these mirrors in England and I thing to send these mirrors because I can't mount in my 406 car. :cry:
Can't you just change the mirror glass?