Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

D9406
2.2 16v

rear suspension bushes mot advisory

Post by D9406 »

Hi.
Car passed MOT today with advisories on;
Nearside and offside rear trailing arm bush.
front lower offside and nearside arm bushes.
I think that the trailing arm bushes sit in a bracket bolted to car body but where are the other bushes? Are they in the other end of the bar ( control arm?) that connects to the trailing arn bush?
Other than that at all good, 140K 99 vintage
Andy
1999 406 HDi 2.0 110 GTX Estate. 48k when bought, now 150K. Second owner, I've covered over 100k in it.
Clutch changed @110k, bottom pulley changed, cam belt changed, EGR blanked, cat removed, front springs changed.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: rear suspension bushes mot advisory

Post by steve_earwig »

That sounds pretty good to me, these are getting pretty old now sadly. Maybe this diagram would help, I've posted it before but I'll be jiggered if I can find it. Sorry it's in French but it seems to be a pretty good diagram. I'm never sure of the names but I think you're talking about 6 (longitudinal, erm, bras? Brace I guess) there's a bracket at the front bolted to the car yes, the other end looks like 2 bushes presumably (hmm, no fasteners shown :frown: ) bolted to the hub carrier.
Attachments
mecapassion_1142086018_suspension.jpg
(60.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
D9406
2.2 16v

Re: rear suspension bushes mot advisory

Post by D9406 »

Thanks Steve,
That's the image I found online, I think we're thinking the same, 6 has two bushes on one end and the other end connects to the Bush in the housing bolted to body.
As they are advisories, not worn to excess, I'll get the parts and wait for a rare warm sunny day to do the job.
Andy
1999 406 HDi 2.0 110 GTX Estate. 48k when bought, now 150K. Second owner, I've covered over 100k in it.
Clutch changed @110k, bottom pulley changed, cam belt changed, EGR blanked, cat removed, front springs changed.