Rock hard brake pedal !!!

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

DefTrap
1.8 8v

Re: Rock hard brake pedal !!!

Post by DefTrap »

They're well aware how much I'm prepared to spend on a 180k car with a book price of 500 quid (on a good day). :cheesy:
DefTrap
1.8 8v

Post by DefTrap »

So, maybe predictably, the garage (I'm in France) are having trouble tracking down a RHD part.

The part in question is the servo ATE 03.7864-2301.4 / 9640597380

I can't see one off-the-shelf on any of the parts places I normally use and the similar Bosch part (which IS available) inevitably will require loads of other parts to make it work.

Anyone got a lead on this specific part or know of a better place online to look?
stevewalsh
2.0 16v

Post by stevewalsh »

I am also in France, Couldnt find a RHD one anywhere local, 1 french breaker told me a LHD would fit, It took him 4 hours to get one off, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,And they are different,
I found one internet in UK, 50 quid delivered to UK, and mother outlaw brought it in luggage on plane,
Took me a few hours to fit
DefTrap
1.8 8v

Post by DefTrap »

Yeah I've had the bust rhd one alongside a LHD one, the arm is longer on the lhd one. The garage told me the rhd part is noted as 'not available' on the Peugeot parts list.
I imagine you could bodge the LHD one if you were really in a fix.

Anyway, tracked down a decent second from a breaker in Bulgaria (!), so fingers crossed ...
DefTrap
1.8 8v

Post by DefTrap »

The s/h part surprisingly looked ok and was fitted, car seems fine.

FWIW the garage only charged a couple of hours labour all in so they must have a few tricks up their sleeves or being able to get decent access underneath makes all the difference? :wink: