ABS PUMP

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

davey1410

ABS PUMP

Post by davey1410 »

Hi my abs pump is broken. A recon unit from ECU Testing is £300. An was told it may need programming to the car? Anyone know of this? Or how much it would cost?
Also anyone fitted one from a breakers yard an had success? I know it's my brakes but wanting a cheap fix to probably sell the car.
Many thanks Dave.
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: ABS PUMP

Post by lozz »

Hi

not sure about programing tbh,
but ive heard you have to plug in to pp200 or the likes, to open the abs pump for bleeding purposes,
ive never done one on a 406 so im not sure if thats true,
davew
2.0 16v

Post by davew »

i'm fairly sure they don't need to be programmed to car but like lozz said you need PP2000 to bled the air out of it, i've bled other pumps before without the software but can be a right pain.
davey14

Post by davey14 »

Hi thanks for your replies this was my post but forgot my password so set up another account. After gathering various bits of information, I was told not to get one from a breakers yard as there delicate equipment. And need to be kept upright! Anyway I bought one for £40 took it off a car myself kept it upright. It had the same numbers too!
Fitted it bled brakes with Easy bleed, I gave it a good flush through about 2 litres of fluid, was quite a lot of air. An all systems go abs light out! I did take an get my code cleared for £10.
The clutch has juddered a few times to be honest. I did not bleed that. But it seems to have settled down.
Happy Motoring to you all cheers Dave.
davew
2.0 16v

Post by davew »

i like it, a nice cheap fix :)