failed m o t

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

dieselink
2.0 16v

failed m o t

Post by dieselink »

failed m o t today :( ,only on drivers side track rod end cant believe i got away with the faulty com 2000 indicater stalk lol,been and bourght new track rod and put it on,so back at 9 am tomoz morning to re-test,will be a happy bunny if it passes tomoz.will keep u my friends updated.
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: failed m o t

Post by lozz »

Sorry to hear that mate, :(

Altho it couid of been worse aspose, atrack rod end is not too bad,
Good luck for the re test, hope all goes well for ya,
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Thats pretty good going really mate hope it all goes well. 8)
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
dieselink
2.0 16v

Post by dieselink »

PASSED PASSED PASSED,thank fook for that :cheesy: .still have the poxy break problems,gana get my m8 to test to see if wheel is buckeled,coz abs is ok,discs and pads r new,dont know what else to check realy.
Parm
1.8 16v

Post by Parm »

Nice one mate. 8)

What up with the brakes?
Peugeot 406 2.2Hdi Coupe '02' Plate
Metallic Black(silver & black edition)
Manual, Rear Tints.
dieselink
2.0 16v

Post by dieselink »

@ parm.well as i said i changed discs and pads all round also 1 cv joint pass side,cheecked all sensors abs and reluctor rings,all ok but still get a shudder through pedal and a squeek,squeek is there most of the time ?.all seems to be coming from front pass side,have took apart 3 times and checked and cleaned every thing,but all seems ok,its got my head done in.the longer i drive,the worse it gets,when its cold,first drive of the day,its hardley noticable ????????.might swap front discs over with each other and see if that makes a diff,but just sick of scratching my head now.
Parm
1.8 16v

Post by Parm »

Kidder would normally be a warper disk or worn reluctor ring but if you checked all the teeth are on the reluctor ring, then can't be that. Is it more of a squeal than a squeak? My rear ones squeal but thats usually the brembo disks.
Manual, Rear Tints.
marco2002
2.0 Turbo

Post by marco2002 »

my 406 just failed mot yesterday its the handbrake. I spent 4 hrs stripping the o/s/r discs/pads & handbrake shoes. Found the h/brake cable had seized so lubricated it and greased it up and put it all back together. The h/brake is rock solid on 3 clicks. Just going back for the re-test in 15mins. lol

Hope it passes i had an advise on the back box blowing very slightly even after using a load of bandage and gun gum it was a good bodge. Have to get a new exhaust next year......
Peugeot 406 Hdi Gtx 110 213,000 miles
No More Jobs to do - Having a break from car repairs.....
dieselink
2.0 16v

Post by dieselink »

good luck marco,i had advise on windoscreen,has chip on pass side but 40mm off of drivers veiw luckerly.
marco2002
2.0 Turbo

Post by marco2002 »

Good news the 406 passed its mot! Glad yours got through its mot its a bit of a relief tbh. Now i've got to get back under the car and back the adjuster off. On 3 clicks the mrs can't get the handbrake on or off sort of defeats the object of having the mot .

Has anyone noticed the new style mot certificate its just a piece of printer paper? The old ones had a watermark and were green this one looks like something you can print off. I looked at it and thought it was a joke. When i queried it they said it must be to save money!
Peugeot 406 Hdi Gtx 110 213,000 miles
No More Jobs to do - Having a break from car repairs.....
Parm
1.8 16v

Post by Parm »

Congrats on passing!

Yeah I had my 307 done in march and the certificate was just a plain piece of paper. Has no water marks or anything on it. :shock:
Manual, Rear Tints.
dieselink
2.0 16v

Post by dieselink »

the new m o t paper work is ok,its all on line now realy,so u dont realy need the paper work,the police and such others can look on line to check now.just like the tax disc i spose.
sgtflanders

Post by sgtflanders »

Mine failed yesterday too, 3 ARB droplinks, 2 rear indicator bulbs (not orange enough) Numberplate lights not bright enough and wipers not self parking. All done now bar the wipers, hope its the motor as the relay is fine. Motor on order so fingers crossed!!
1999 1.9 TD LX
sgtflanders

Post by sgtflanders »

Yes, it was the motor, retest booked for fri pm. Fingers crossed, just realised its fiday 13th!!
1999 1.9 TD LX