Caliper Carrier removal

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

jasper5
3.0 24v

Re: Caliper Carrier removal

Post by jasper5 »

To clarify....I was talking about the standard 406 when I said you can't remove the discs without removing the calipers and carriers.
There are several cars where you CAN remove the discs without removing the calipers and carriers.
On my Nissan Terrano I used to have, you had to remove the hubs as well as the wheel bearings, the discs were bolted to the hubs from the back.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

jasper5 wrote:To clarify....I was talking about the standard 406 when I said you can't remove the discs without removing the calipers and carriers.
and I was going "oh right, I could swear you could but it was a long time and a few cars ago, so I guess my memory just sucks" (which it really does) :lol: :cry:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
totaleclipse
2.0 16v

Post by totaleclipse »

jasper5 wrote:To clarify....I was talking about the standard 406 when I said you can't remove the discs without removing the calipers and carriers.
There are several cars where you CAN remove the discs without removing the calipers and carriers.
On my Nissan Terrano I used to have, you had to remove the hubs as well as the wheel bearings, the discs were bolted to the hubs from the back.

sounds like the kind of situation i would have simply reached for a drill for, lol.
1997 2.1TD executive estate - mmmm, lovely :)