Wishbone

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

johnboy
2.0 16v

Wishbone

Post by johnboy »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the wishbone on a D9? Im having lots of trouble as im removing the ball joint, ive ended up cutting the thread above and below on the joint itself in order to free the wishbone from the joint, however the balljoint wont budge at all. I now need to take out the wishbone to get the remaining bit of thread out as its stuck. Ive undone all of the bolts on the wishbone but it is still held in sumhow at the back where the 2 bolts go through. How does it come off???

Any ideas also to get the ball joint out? ive tried everything except heat which i plan to try as a last resort! apart from that im going to have to take the hub off to get a decent leverage in it which i reli dont want to do.. grrr
johnboy
2.0 16v

Re: Wishbone

Post by johnboy »

sorted now.
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

big hammer needed was it?
johnboy
2.0 16v

Post by johnboy »

Big hammer to the side of the wishbone (the correct place to hit it apparently) !!

And brute force with a hammer n chisel on the joint, i hired sum help in the end and he commented it was one of the toughest he had come across, he reckoned it had been on from new!! tis all done now tho at last. :D