2.0 HDi Rear Brake Pads

Shocks, springs, anything to do with the running gear

Moderator: Moderators

roton600
1.8 8v

2.0 HDi Rear Brake Pads

Post by roton600 »

Went to change my rear pads earlier as it had stopped raining, as i thought it would be easy (changed front discs and pads well easy)

Read through the guides on here, started first side, all went well, removed pins and pads, the piston went back in no problem.

Then the caliper would not move, so the new pad is too wide to fit in the side opposite the piston, it started to rain again so thought will leave it and seak some advice before having another go tomorrow.

Any thoughts, should the rears float like the fronts? or do you have to remove the caliper bolts that hold the caliper on to move the caliper back?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: 2.0 HDi Rear Brake Pads

Post by steve_earwig »

It *should* slide on the pins. They're worth freeing up if stuck, I found that no amount of heaving and sweating would move the pins so I had mine off, once off freeing them up is easy 'cos you can actually get to the damn things. Shame you'll then need to bleed the brakes (horrible stuff) but that's worth doing too.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
roton600
1.8 8v

Post by roton600 »

Thanks Steve, another one of those little easy jobs that turns into a much bigger one!
FlySpeck
2.0 16v

Post by FlySpeck »

get a brake hose locking clamp from halfrauds, makes that job a whole lot easier....oh and get a gunsons ezibleed, its the muttz nutz for a one man job.
2001 406 HDi 90 LX saloon with moon miles...