My 97 Tubby!

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
musso2010
1.8 8v

My 97 Tubby!

Post by musso2010 »

Some pics of mine.
Please leave some feedback, good or bad.
Next task is tinting and some new wheels...

406 TURBO

Lowered 80mm
13psi Boost
Bailey Dump Valve
Full Powerflow Stainless System
Induction Kit

good bye MR2's!
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Re: My 97 Tubby!

Post by HimBigChief »

My word that's low! Where'd you get the -80mm springs from, or did you just chop the originals?

All in all though, nice motor.
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
musso2010
1.8 8v

Post by musso2010 »

HimBigChief wrote:My word that's low! Where'd you get the -80mm springs from, or did you just chop the originals?

All in all though, nice motor.
Yeah, its too low really, but it handles really well.
I am thinking about raising it slightly though as i am restricted to where i can go.
I had the springs custom made.

Cheers
406 TURBO

Lowered 80mm
13psi Boost
Bailey Dump Valve
Induction Kit

good bye MR2's!
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

How much do custom springs cost? I've heard about quite a few people that have had it done, but never been able to find out costs or where they came from. The back of mine could do with going slightly lower, but I'm hoping when I redo my stereo install (hopefully at some point over the winter) that it will lower the rear end another 10-20mm or so.
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
musso2010
1.8 8v

Post by musso2010 »

HimBigChief wrote:How much do custom springs cost? I've heard about quite a few people that have had it done, but never been able to find out costs or where they came from. The back of mine could do with going slightly lower, but I'm hoping when I redo my stereo install (hopefully at some point over the winter) that it will lower the rear end another 10-20mm or so.
I got them for £165. I dont know if that was 'mates rates' though, as the guy who done them is a friend of my dads. Took him about a week. I was a bit dubious at first, but theyre really good, powder coated red etc... And its not a bone shattering ride either as they ask how stiff you want them etc... Ill try and find the invoice and then post up their details.
Yeah, I.C.E will lower the back a bit, i dont have that problem though, ive got 3 kids and their pushchairs lower it plenty more.
406 TURBO

Lowered 80mm
13psi Boost
Bailey Dump Valve
Induction Kit

good bye MR2's!