My 406 Work In Progress

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
rapport25
3.0 24v
Location: either in my Audi SQ5+, X- trail Aventura or Mini Cooper Cab

Re: My 406 Work In Progress

Post by rapport25 »

By the pics im guessing you are under 25 :!: :!: Not my cup of tea but as long as you like it thats the main thing :roll: :roll: :roll:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

mendonca wrote:You're ruining the beaty of this nie model man... there's stickers everywhere... :(
Ironically, the only stickers he doesn't have are the ones for this club! :lol:

I must be getting old, but I can't help wondering how much all those extra sticky out bits ruin the airflow and therefore the fuel economy :?
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
ScotsDude
1.6 8v

Post by ScotsDude »

Decided it was time for a change,you will be happy to see most of the stickers are gone lol
Attachments
Back End.JPG
(70.13 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Front End.JPG
(55.87 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
One Side Done.JPG
(69.49 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Sisson
1.8 16v

Post by Sisson »

Why the diff colour panels?

Wheres the 307 wheels gone?
ScotsDude
1.6 8v

Post by ScotsDude »

I got a Red Phase One given to me and the doors etc were all smooth and not bumped and dented like mine so just decided to make my Phase two into a hybrid of phase 1 and 2 lol.
As for the wheels they are sitting in my shed till i get round to putting them on ebay,the ones on the car are staying on it and going to get refurbished as they were the last time my Dad bought me before he died so no way am i getting rid of them.
Sisson
1.8 16v

Post by Sisson »

Ah, makes sense...
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Sorry to hear about your old man fella.
ScotsDude wrote:decided to make my Phase two into a hybrid of phase 1 and 2
How many bits did you need to swap to change the front end over then? We always tell people that's a massive job and probably not worth the bother, but I suppose if you had a whole donor car anything's possible.... 8)

Did you have to change all the door internal bits over from the D9 doors to the D8 doors? Any other problems?

I really like the wheels, they suit the 406 well (I liked your old wheels too :) ), but I really don't like the lexarse lights :?. Not convinced about the 2-tone but it's a marked improvement on all the random stuff you had on there before.... can you get rid of those skull things on the back? :oops:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
ScotsDude
1.6 8v

Post by ScotsDude »

Thanks m8 It wasnt a good start to the year.
As for the swap over bumpers swapped over pretty much without any problems at all,same as the bonnet and boot,yes we had to strip all the workings out the doors as mine is the executive and has electric windows all round and electric mirrors unlike the donor car that only had front electric windows,really had no choice for the front doors anyway as the connectors into the wiring loom are diff on the phase one.
The only real prob with the bonnet was the phase one has a twin catch and phase two a single catch,so instead of making a mountain of work we are just going to put competition bonnet pins to hold it down.
The donor car had lexus lights so we just flung them on,there is a heck of a lot of rewiring to be done still,all four doors and all the lights.
Had to use the phase one frill as well to save some time and hassle but it all fits great.
As you prob all know its running on Lpg and i have had a bit of engine work done as well,High lift cam,lightened flywheel,veneer cog,air filter,aliminimum gaskets to name what fresh in my head,after it was done and run in etc got a power test done and its pushing out 162Bhp.All the new parts are designed to work better with Lpg than petrol.
As for the skull brake lights i could get rid of them but cant be bothered filling in the holes left and touching up the paint,they can wait till i can afford a new paint job.
The old wheels will be going up for sale on ebay sometime soon as i no longer need them,anyone interested just give me a shout with an offer
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

ScotsDude wrote:As for the skull brake lights i could get rid of them but cant be bothered filling in the holes left and touching up the paint,they can wait till i can afford a new paint job.
Hey it's your car, nothing wrong with being unique!
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad :(
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"