Clean Car!!

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Mike84
1.8 16v

Clean Car!!

Post by Mike84 »

I thought I would post some pics of my car, i've only had it for a couple of days and have just finished giving the car the full cleaning treatment!

Washed with Meguires gold class shampoo

Then all done with the meguires 3 stage treatment (Paint Renovator, Polish then Caranuba Wax)

Its come up really well, although a couple of scratches etc that I didnt notice before. Also after looking at the pictures I have noticed that I really need to get rid of the horrid wheel trims that have come on the car!!

xplosiv
2.0 Turbo

Post by xplosiv »

Hi,

Your car is looking very smart; I agree the wheel trims let the car down massively. I would get the standard Peugeot ones put on it. I am sure you could get them off eBay for next to nothing.

or if you have loads of money get the standard Peugeot alloy's

What is the car HDi/petrol?

Thanks,

Andy
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

Shiney Shiney, looks good. You have got to bin them wheel covers their just nasty.

Nice veiw from your house too :P
2006 207 GT THP 150
xplosiv
2.0 Turbo

Post by xplosiv »

Hi,

See looking at that picture the 406 (shape) still looks new, compared to most cars, it is why i love them. i think you are missing some numbers of you number late (LOL)

Have a look at

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-PEUGEOT-2 ... dZViewItem

ANdy
Mike84
1.8 16v

Post by Mike84 »

thanks for the responses, I have bid on some new trims on ebay and going to phone up breakers yards tomorrow. They look worse the more I look at them!!
Essexdad
2.0 16v

Post by Essexdad »

Tell me to mind my own business if you like,BUT,those tyres(all) look to be massively over-inflated,almost solid looking....must be a hard ride,they just dont look right....it's like the car is weightless.
Kevin

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
xplosiv
2.0 Turbo

Post by xplosiv »

HI,

it is probably because he has used tyre shine, or maybe they are over inflated. You best check that matey

Andy
Essexdad
2.0 16v

Post by Essexdad »

Nothing to do with tyre-shine;there is no perceivable tyre deflection on the road surface,even on the front,given the front loaded weight.....this would cause only a small amount of car to road contact,poor steering and rapid wear to the centre of the tyre,apart from an abominably hard ride.
If i've got it wrong....sorry,it looks like a model car sits on the table.
Kevin

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Very nice :cheesy:

That would look great with a set of the later 16'' alloys, and a Chrome strip under the grille, like this:

Hey, isn't that Maguires wax hard work eh? I nearly gave up when I did mine :|
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Mike84
1.8 16v

Post by Mike84 »

The meguires is very hard work but the results make it worth while, The tyres are all brand new, I had them put on on Saturday, the day before I cleaned it. I have checked the pressures and they were a couple of PSI above recommended. I have let a little air out now and they are all to the recommended inflation now.