Miss Pug Returns!

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Miss Pug Returns!

Post by Sonia406 »

After spending a little over two years away - she's been returned.

As she was (2013).

As she rolled up.

Time for a mini-meet for parts - We hadn't even been home and she was being transformed.

In total, she had a new rear bumper fitted and finally was rolling on some alloys (I also have various other trim pieces to add back to her).

The toddler watching and taking note!

Having done over 300 miles that day - she was almost effortless to drive. However, she did flash up the EML on the return home.

300 miles in one day - made her filthy.

Time for a wash!

Slowly but surely her shine is coming back.

Her 406 stickers on her mirrors stayed, so I added some to the doorhandles.

Miss Pug has been towing a caravan - she's a tough old girl.
Unfortunately she has sustained some damage to her OS rear quarter which I plan to try to push back out when the weather starts to get better and fill anything that won't come back out. I think that's probably the best plan of attack.

Plans for her so far:

* Starter Motor (I did it nearly 4 years ago)
* Rob battery off ''Party Pete'' (My 307 2.0 HDi)
* ABS Sensor (Bane of my life I know, I had real issues with the rear right speed sensor but according to diagnostics it's now the rear left - maybe I did win that battle?)
* Replace injector on Cylinder 3 (this fault has remained with her a while)
* Front Fog lights need attention (NS still misted, OS with a lose connection?)
* Lowering springs, with new shocks and top mounts
* Re-tint the rear windows, Limo tint
* Chameleon wrap the headlights
* Alloy refurbishment with colour match
* Vinyl wrap interior trim panels
* ''Ghost'' light installation (which could potentially be a nightmare as she doesn't have puddle lights from factory)
* Adress the body work issues.

Fortunately Miss Pug has been looked after, she's had her timing belt and water pump done, centre pipe, back box and coil pack done.
Jury is still out on whether to keep the mud flaps or not - I can't make my mind up whether I like them or not.. If I lower her they may have to come off anyway. :roll:

Thanks to John, Peter, James, Jay and Tony. Not sure if they're all members here - but I appreciate all the help with her return.
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
binnzy
2.0 16v

Re: Miss Pug Returns!

Post by binnzy »

well done, looking good
If it doesn't fit you need a bigger hammer
peter64
1.6 8v

Post by peter64 »

Well all i can say is ,well done Sonia the cars looking very nice .its so nice to see a car of this age being transformed ,John walsh my brother did loads of work on the car,while i had it for the last 2 years .its never ever let me down and has run lovely the last years ,when John decided to sell his very rare Peugeot 406 HPI executive,there was ever going to be one person for that car "me".i then knew the only person that was going to have miss pug ,was going to be Sonia ,she was over the moon when i offered her the chance to have her back ,i drove her about 160 miles to take her back ,the look on sonia,s face was a delight :) ,so now miss pug is back home and is looking very very nice , :)
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

peter64 wrote:Well all i can say is ,well done Sonia the cars looking very nice .its so nice to see a car of this age being transformed ,John walsh my brother did loads of work on the car,while i had it for the last 2 years .its never ever let me down and has run lovely the last years ,when John decided to sell his very rare Peugeot 406 HPI executive,there was ever going to be one person for that car "me".i then knew the only person that was going to have miss pug ,was going to be Sonia ,she was over the moon when i offered her the chance to have her back ,i drove her about 160 miles to take her back ,the look on sonia,s face was a delight :) ,so now miss pug is back home and is looking very very nice , :)
Thanks Peter! I'm just so glad I didn't completely break down like a fool! :lol: It's so nice to have her back home! Lots to be done before car season, I'm sure she'll be rolling in car season as a project car, I don't think I'll get all that needs doing done before then! :lol:
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Jobs done:

* Starter Motor.
It completely failed on the Pre-School run. The part had been on order for two weeks until she could not go on any longer. Tried hitting the starter and only a bump start got her home in the end. As soon as that engine was off - she was dead again.

* Cylinder 3 Misfire (Injector).
This one was a bit of a 'doh' moment. I had a mechanic apprentice point out to me which one was cylinder 3 so I went ahead and change that injector with a brand new Valeo one. I wondered why she was still misfiring and the fault present on PP2000 (even after clearing). Jon (Coupe owner) then told me the numbering is backwards, they work from the gearbox. So instead of what I thought was 1,2,3,4 it was actually 4,3,2,1 - therefore I'd changed injector 2.

Pictured: Replacing the correct sensor, in the complete darkness. Thank goodness for inspection lamps.

* ABS Sensor (Rear Left).
This has been done and what was an intermittent fault is now a permanent fault. :roll:
I believe the ABS sensor supplied on her return is the one I provided when I sold her. According to diagnostics there is some 'coherance'. For the time being I have deactivated the ABS system. I am in two minds as to remove all the ABS components for her fast approaching MOT in May. I am done with the ABS on these cars.

Pictured: ABS system deactivated with PP2000.

* Cone Filter
It's okay, but I need to purchase longer air hosing to re-route it a little. Also have my thinking cap on for heat shielding from the engine bay.

---- UPCOMING WORK -----

* Performance Exhaust (Hopefully being welded on this weekend)

* Tow Strap (Sparco one in blue, already purchased).

* Fog Light cleaning up

* Longer Air intake hosing

* Locate the torrential oil leak.

Just for fun:

How she's spent this past week:
ZacharyNi

Post by ZacharyNi »

Nice to see you fixed her up again, Sonia406! She certainly deserves to be in better shape than she was in!
Here's why Crazy Bulk is so popular these days.