The C4

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

The C4

Post by Welly »

Thought I'd share a couple of pics of the C4, slightly uplifted front end for the roll out models:

Special '0' reg :D and tinted rear window don't you know:

Crazy Citroen interior, nothing is where you think it should be, most buttons have at least two different jobs, the steering wheel buttons we still can't figure out. Its got an electronically controlled manual gearbox so no clutch pedal, it has got a clutch but you're not allowed to see it. It has Bluetooth which the missus likes as she can use the phone through the speakers and the kids* can play there electronic music through the stereo.

The speedo is in the middle of the dash and is just big numbers on the display, it's quite good actually and easy to keep an eye on the speed. The display also shows oil level, engine temp and which gear you're in (as obviously that's not up to you) :?

1.6 HDi, DPF filter, eolys fluid 'pouch' on the tank, all short local journeys so absolutely no worries there :D
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
benczuk
3.0 24v

Re: The C4

Post by benczuk »

Looks nice... That Diablo red is still my favorite car colour.
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Does look very tidy and has put my imaginary universe back into order, (for some reason I assumed the Ashtray was red, or maybe silver).
That there gearbox sounds mighty confusing.

As you say, no worries on the 1.6HDi / DPF combo - just program your crystal ball so you can force a manual regen immediately before the turbo shrieks to an unlubricated stop.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

That looks ok, I do like the front of the later Citroens (meanwhile Pug are still pushing the wide-mouthed frog look :( )

There was some mention of automatic manual gearboxes on AS a while back (seriously not got time to keep up with it there), most of them seem to be manual boxes with windscreen wiper motors to change gear and work the clutch. I think I'll take the consumption hit and stick with a real automatic, ta muchly.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

I think I've only every seen these in silver. It actually looks really nice in diablo.
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy