My new 406 2.2 HDI

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
BEALEY
1.8 16v

My new 406 2.2 HDI

Post by BEALEY »

Right folks i have eventually come back where i belong a few months back i bought another 406 2.2 hdi as a replacement for a rubbish 2ltr tdci mondeo. i had a 406 before some of you may have seen my old thread. it was a 2ltr hdi which i converted to m-hdi (all mechanical hdi) because the ecu blew and it was going to cost too much to repair. it lasted a year after the conversion then it blew the engine because of a turbo seal failure ended up with a runaway diesel not a fun thing to have as some of you may know it destroyed the old 2ltr lump. it was going to cost too much to repair and very close to M.O.T and theres no way it was fit and scrapped it i was very gutted i loved that car then i ended up with the mondeo. anyways i have got this new 406 now at long last. i payed 500 pound for it with full service history 12 month M.O.T and tax all it needed was the dreaded dpf filter removing because it kept flashing faults which is now fixed with the 180bhp defap map thanks to Doggy and straight through exhaust system to a scorpion back box which a very good friend of mine built it does have a slight bit of damage as it needs a fog light and rear wing on drivers side has a large scratch on it but nothing major. hopefully it should all be done for french car show this year

Heres a few pics when i bought it

i have more pics but need to upload them to photobucket but heres a list of things im going to do

*exhaust and dpf removal and 180hp remap-dpf delete (done)
*lowering springs (done)
*black mask headlights
*spray spoiler
*refurbish my old 17"challenger wheels off old pug
*leather seats
*bigger turbo
*330d diesel pump or bigger and bigger turbo hybrid injectors
*front mount intercooler
*rolling road remap
*anything else i can think of in between

a friend of a friend is building me a 4 into 1 tubular exhaust Mani and relocation brackets to top of gearbox for bigger turbo and better flow and then rebuilding exhaust as 3" stainless turbo back but this will be done toward end of year so will rolling road remap

does anyone know what turbo is a large upgrade that is a straight swap for the standard gt15 any help would be grateful

i will keep you all updated
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: My new 406 2.2 HDI

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Try over on the T.D.C.I owners forum for big turbo up grades :wink: , most of us on here are more bothered about mpg than mph :lol: .
I'm thinking your going to want to upgrade your clutch assemby first with some of the mod's your proposing, & try contacting 406frenzy he's a fellow 2.2 modding nutter :cheesy:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
rwb
3.0 24v

Post by rwb »

Another red one. It is a lovely colour.
Nice car, but there'll be nowt of it left by the time you've finished with it!

Current: 407 2.2 HDi 170 & C6 2.7 HDi.
Former: 406 1.9 TD; 406 HDi 90; 407 2.2 160; 307cc 180; 508 HDi 140.
Map of PeugeotForums users offering PP2k
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Very nice, another DW12 :cheesy:
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi chap - Joost on the 406coupeclub has an uprated turbo for his 2.2Hdi rocket. Its a standard fit, just with upgraded and uprated inner bits.

The standard DW12 turbo has 'variable vanes', which I think is different to 'variable geometry' as per most other car manufacturers turbos iirc.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
BEALEY
1.8 16v

Post by BEALEY »

i have been told that there not a vnt turbo by a kid on tdoc uk forum but if thay r thats better i know a verry nice turbo that will work well with my engine and ideas lol
BEALEY
1.8 16v

Post by BEALEY »

dw12 is the better of the two hdi engines and there arnt many around south yorkshire i dont think i had no end of trouble with my old dw10 so in the end i just m-hdi/m-tdi'd it lol
BEALEY
1.8 16v

Post by BEALEY »

a few more things ive done to the good old bus lol over last few weeks

new wheels need refurb tho for deffinate

black mask headlights and black mask fogs the fogs where a pain in the backside but worth the stress tho

vinal wrapped my badge not everyones taste but i really am a big fan of green and will oll come together in the end

quick pic in the dark lol with HID's lights on

still a long way to go but i will keep updates comeing also my maybe giving me his 406 estate which i am goin to be turning into a pickup cos the bodywork cannot be saved its gone so rather than scrap it am gunna make some use of it lol will be interesting lol it will be done right aswell not a rushed job
Tobys406
1.6 8v

Post by Tobys406 »

You've made that Pug look hella nice. Awesome mega pipe on the back there haha, loving those black-ish headlights too. 406s look so nice with lowered springs! :)
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

BEALEY wrote:a few more things ive done to the good old bus lol over last few weeks

new wheels need refurb tho for deffinate

black mask headlights and black mask fogs the fogs where a pain in the backside but worth the stress tho

vinal wrapped my badge not everyones taste but i really am a big fan of green and will oll come together in the end

quick pic in the dark lol with HID's lights on

still a long way to go but i will keep updates comeing also my maybe giving me his 406 estate which i am goin to be turning into a pickup cos the bodywork cannot be saved its gone so rather than scrap it am gunna make some use of it lol will be interesting lol it will be done right aswell not a rushed job

8) , loving it in the first pic, the challengers look nice maybe a little more offset needed I.M.H.O, oh & what springs are you using the ride height looks spot on :mrgreen: .
It's very personal but I prefer it in the first pic, I like the factory look over the green badge / black light thing. still a nice looking mota keep on modding :twisted:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
BEALEY
1.8 16v

Post by BEALEY »

thanks mate and will do
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Looks nice - I personally like the little touches ( ooer ) that make your car a bit different - your lion badge matches my calipers, Kawazaki Green is it?
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
BEALEY
1.8 16v

Post by BEALEY »

It is Kawasaki green ye lol my favorite colour other than illuminus green or hi vis colour lol