Meet Pugster (My new addition)

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: Meet Pugster (My new addition)

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Sonia406 wrote:Pugster seems to be having some difficulty with perhaps (the only thing I can think of) sunroof drains.........
Though I know we had a massive storm (and thank god that tree didn't flatten us all) but surely this is TOO MUCH water from literally, a blocked drain?

As soon as the children go, the first thing I will be doing is familiarizing myself with FP 'clear blocked sunroof drain' video on YT, that I watched some months ago and see if I can unclog it...
:roll: Oh dear Sonia, your gonna need to lift up that carpet & dry out & damp proof all them connectors under there :roll: . See the K.B for crazy electrics / footwell conectors, your gonna want some ACF-50, it's proper stuff. Ment to stop helicopters falling from the sky due to damp electric's, the motorcycle ferturnity love this stuff :idea:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Sonia406 wrote:Does this look right to you guys?
Do you know how it attaches? Will I need to buy new clamps etc?
The flexi that is on the car has well, the best way I can describe it is a 'shash' mark on it, so surely there isn't much pressure on the existing clamps so I could maybe get away with reusing them?
Have no time to google / service box it, off to Mothers now with the kids, Kids go tomorrow at 3pm and Pugster has to leave here tomorrow by 4pm! :shock:

DPF / Map in limbo at the moment.... Despite the warning messages I don't want to hit the DPF and put him into limp mode as yet...

Thanks in advance boys :D

IF new clamps / attachment fittings are required I am passing a local ish Peugeot place tomorrow at 4:30pm ish so can get them prior to fitting........

That looks right to me Sonia, yes you should get away with re-using your old clamps ( they are the V-band type ) just can be a pig to open up enough to get them off :evil: .
Is the one in the pic a new one. ps I don't see why you can't just replace your old flexy with a new uni one re-using the old bit of down pipe & cat ( just knock it's gut's out while waring a mask :twisted: ) before putting it back on :cheesy:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

dirtydirtydiesel wrote:
Sonia406 wrote:Pugster seems to be having some difficulty with perhaps (the only thing I can think of) sunroof drains.........
Though I know we had a massive storm (and thank god that tree didn't flatten us all) but surely this is TOO MUCH water from literally, a blocked drain?

As soon as the children go, the first thing I will be doing is familiarizing myself with FP 'clear blocked sunroof drain' video on YT, that I watched some months ago and see if I can unclog it...
:roll: Oh dear Sonia, your gonna need to lift up that carpet & dry out & damp proof all them connectors under there :roll: . See the K.B for crazy electrics / footwell conectors, your gonna want some ACF-50, it's proper stuff. Ment to stop helicopters falling from the sky due to damp electric's, the motorcycle ferturnity love this stuff :idea:
Thanks DD......... as soon as I saw it I knew it'd be a whole load of work to get it dry and sorted... Will head over to the KB now to look at that thread.. Thanks for reminding me about it!
dirtydirtydiesel wrote:
That looks right to me Sonia, yes you should get away with re-using your old clamps ( they are the V-band type ) just can be a pig to open up enough to get them off :evil: .
Is the one in the pic a new one. ps I don't see why you can't just replace your old flexy with a new uni one re-using the old bit of down pipe & cat ( just knock it's gut's out while waring a mask :twisted: ) before putting it back on :cheesy:
Yep, the one in the picture is the new one.. Do you think I could get a uni flexi for love nor money? Some idiots told me there was no such a thing, others said it would never fit... I could be bothered with the headache so gave in and just bought this, at least it's almost a guaranteed fit!
Will be getting the other half to bash it out - not sure if I want him doing the dpf at the same time though.......... :)
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

If you're not experiencing any weird electrics then it's likely nothing's badly damaged yet. Just unblock the drains and dry the carpet out and inspect the cabling underneath and you should be fine, fingers crossed.

Good advice from dirtydirtydiesel: I don't think the ceramics are carcinogenic but they're really not very nice. Wear a dust mask and eye protection when de-CATing or de-FAPing!
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

jonsowman wrote:If you're not experiencing any weird electrics then it's likely nothing's badly damaged yet. Just unblock the drains and dry the carpet out and inspect the cabling underneath and you should be fine, fingers crossed.

Good advice from dirtydirtydiesel: I don't think the ceramics are carcinogenic but they're really not very nice. Wear a dust mask and eye protection when de-CATing or de-FAPing!

Thanks... Will do :)
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

:shock: , Sonia there all over ebay, Flexy's that is 2 1/2" Dia or 3" Dia in stainless steel £16.00 inc p&p very easy to fit once you have removed the old down pipe / cat complete, which you need to do anyway to replace / repair & your knocking the gut's out the cat & dpf anyway so could have been done for say £30 all in :roll:

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Thanks DDD,

all done now!

Finally de-fapped :shock:

I actually took my car to a garage :shock:

It was done ''off the books'' for a couple of reasons, they basically didn't want to be held responsible for the lights coming on and errors and faults that would be triggered by a de-fap.

The young lad who did this - knocked the crap out of the dpf, said it was pretty solid and wasn't surprised the fault that was coming up on the display said ''urgent''.

Now, the DPF knocked about, clamped to the new cat we hit a MAJOR problem.
That MAJOR the car was actually on the ramps NOT SHORT of 5 HOURS :shock:

As you may remember I purchased that flexi for a 00-01 2.2 HDi estate.. the problem with that was, the temperature sensor (which we thought for an hour or so was the lamba sensor) is a different size.... on my newer car it's smaller, where as the older cars / cats have a larger one!

Well - this sent the guys at the garage into complete meltdown, tempers were frayed completely.
They have a mig welder but the person who uses it is not in. No one is allowed to use it without the owner being there.
The manager (who was a stupid stuck up twat) made numerous phone calls not only to parts places but Peugeot themselves who put him straight on the whole, not a lamba sensor, a temperature sensor thing.
Bearing in mind this was Friday @ 3pm.
Peugeot couldn't get the new sensor (which WOULD OF BEEN EXACTLY THE SAME as what's already on the car) until Monday - they wanted to keep my car on the ramps until Monday for a part that would of been exactly the bloody same :shock: :evil:
I was not happy one bit, I was not going to pay £70 for a new temperature sensor when someone could weld!

Being the only one with brains there, ahem I mean the only woman there, I suggested they called the owner of the Mig welder, told him they needed a few SPOTS of welding (not a big job, for goodness sake), they called him and he agreed to let them use the welder, just not to break it!

Welder was brought out and near the car. Manager comes storming out 'You're not bloody using that!!!'
Err yes we are, He's said we can use it!

Took 5 minutes of persuading the ''manager'' that we had spoken to the owner and was allowed to use the welder before we were allowed to continue!

We only went to that garage because my boyfriend knows all that work there and would offer me the flat rate job - plus we couldn't get the car on our ramps because of the front bumper!

Seriously though, these guys (bar the chap who welded and knocked the dpf out) couldn't organize a pee up in a brewery!

Glad it's sorted now.

Can feel the extra power... (How much will I have gained by doing this, roughly?)
May sound really silly but I have noticed:

1) Longer gear ranges, where as I would change up to get the turbo I am able and getting longer kicks in the gears
2) BETTER fuel economy! :shock:

Since the de-fap he's done about 30 miles give or take a few and still no limp mode as yet.
Is it a guaranteed it WILL go into limp mode?
Boyfriend says he sees no reason for it to go into limp mode because of where the sensors are....?
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi Sonia, yes it will go into limp mode at some point as you need to 'tell' the ECU to forget all about the FAP and the additive. Until then it still thinks it needs to add the pigs wee and if it is low it will act accordingly.

time for a meet up with Rich? Or you can plug in your own PP2000 and switch off the FAP and all its bits and bobs.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

GingerMagic wrote:Hi Sonia, yes it will go into limp mode at some point as you need to 'tell' the ECU to forget all about the FAP and the additive. Until then it still thinks it needs to add the pigs wee and if it is low it will act accordingly.

time for a meet up with Rich? Or you can plug in your own PP2000 and switch off the FAP and all its bits and bobs.
Is all that in the engine ECU?
If it does go into limp mode what needs to be done on PP before the re-map?
So if I can get in and I presume 'deactivate' the fap and additive if will not go into limp mode?
Thanks GM :mrgreen:
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

The map writes the FAP out of the engine map in the engine ECU itself. This cannot be done with PP. The only way to de-FAP is by writing the FAP out of the engine map with a Galletto or similar.

Guaranteed limp mode I'm afraid, it's just a matter of time. Get the de-FAP map on there (with 180bhp if you like) and everything will be great :D Good job on the physical de-FAP by the way.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

jonsowman wrote:The map writes the FAP out of the engine map in the engine ECU itself. This cannot be done with PP. The only way to de-FAP is by writing the FAP out of the engine map with a Galletto or similar.

Guaranteed limp mode I'm afraid, it's just a matter of time. Get the de-FAP map on there (with 180bhp if you like) and everything will be great :D Good job on the physical de-FAP by the way.

HOW easy is it to re-map? I initially want Doggy to map mine because after the headache PP gave me, I physically don't want the headache!
However, at £15 a pop on the 'bay I am awfully tempted not to waste Doggys time (and risk limp mode going up there)........
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

I can't believe they thought it was lambda sensor. It's a diesel - they don't have lambda sensors....

Nice job on the weld. Is it worth somehow putting some sort of anti-rust thing on there?
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Captain Jack wrote:I can't believe they thought it was lambda sensor. It's a diesel - they don't have lambda sensors....

Nice job on the weld. Is it worth somehow putting some sort of anti-rust thing on there?
Not sure CJ...
I cant believe we were there 5 blinkin hours.....
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Yeah, 5 hours :shock: Jasper did my clutch, bottom mount and the exhaust in 5 hours!
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

I drove my car from Birmingham to Bournemouth and back to Tewkesbury, all in limp mode....
It took a while :oops:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.