my 406 1.8 16 v

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
k3nny
2.0 16v

Post by k3nny »

tux2006 wrote:Where you get the springs? and do you reckon u'd get any problems with rubbing once you've fitted bigger alloys?

I have mine down 35/40mm with 18's fitted it seems to rub on the inside of the rear right wheel arch :frown: no problems with the front rubbing just the back! especailly when some chunky buggas are in the back :lol:
Tux, i experienced the same problem as yours. my 18's also rubbing my rear right end after lowered for 40mm. it turned out to be the mud (water splash) guard. the rubber kinda 'nudging' the wheels sometimes.

i cut some part of the rubber to make it thinner BUT be careful because behind the rubber is your petrol tank and there are some hoses around it. i don't recommend you to do the same thing as i did. but now i can ride with the big boys without scrubbing the rear tires.

i'm fitting 19" soon, the garage reckon that if i want to keep the ride height either i have to use a spacer to keep the wheels away from the arch wall or use the correct wheel offset.

hope it helps.
Cars, Computers, Chicks, 3C for a complete life. add a number 6 between them then you get double pleasure. hahaha!