Roylewaa's D8 2.1 TD GLX

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Roylewaa's D8 2.1 TD GLX

Post by Roylewaa »

Thought it was about time I stuck a few pics up, bought the car about 2 months ago for £350 with 6 months tax and a very short test, passed mot with only 1 advisory on the handbrake, so bought new rear discs, pads and shoes and will bo replacing when I have a day free

150k, runs very well, even better after a service which was the first thing I did, timing belt is to do as its 20k overdue :shock:
Clutch is very high aswell so I reckon that could go soon aswell :(

Nevermind, she's cheap to run, does more mpg than my derv Mondeo and is much more comfortable :)

Ive just replaced the whole sunroof, and have got a new backbox to go on as the old one has a hole in :roll:
she scrubs up well for an old car 8)
D8 2.1 TD saloon, oh yeah :)
midsmike
3.0 24v

Re: Roylewaa's D8 2.1 TD GLX

Post by midsmike »

Car looks gd mate just needs sum alloys and don't worry bout the clutch there all high mines been like it since I got it and I've done just under 40k hard miles with it like it u should do the cam belt mines just snapped on my lx 2.1 so its goin the scrap yard
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

well done in buying the best engine for a 406

your first pic has just solved a proplem for me as my kids say i need a new head unit for mine, [didnt know what they ment till i saw your pic]where did you get yours?
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

oops double post.
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

The head unit in the 406 is my old Kenwood kdc bt8041u, It did have the tape deck and cd changer in the boot, however the display had gone on it and it would'nt read discs
I did have a Sony DAB head unit in it (hence the dab aerial stuck on the windscreen) however I took it out and put that in the Mondeo

the Kenwood one, I got it given from a mate that was clearing out his shed, best freebie ever, it has a much better sound quality than the new Sony DAB one
here it is in the Mazda I had a while back

And the Sony DAB in the Mondeo, I bought this a couple of months ago from Halfords for £149.99
I had to buy a aerial booster for the Mondeo's standard aerial to enable it to recieve the digital signal
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

Yes keeping my eyes out for some cheap alloys locally, with the 406 being a uncommon offset I might just settle for a set of standard Peugeot alloys with spacers if needs be

couple more pics

When I bought the car it had the airbag light flashing and the K light on constantly, both were sorted...by removing the bulbs :lol: I did try to knock the airbag light of by replacing the pretensioners but gave up as the light still kept flashing away

I was a little disapointed the car didnt have climate control, thought it would have as my R plate GLX did :(
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Very nice mate.

The 2.1's have a hydraulic clutch which naturally has a very high biting point, mine certainly always has been. I wouldn't worry about it :)

midsmike: What colour is the LX you're scrapping?
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

Roylewaa wrote:Yes keeping my eyes out for some cheap alloys locally, with the 406 being a uncommon offset I might just settle for a set of standard Peugeot alloys with spacers if needs be

couple more pics

When I bought the car it had the airbag light flashing and the K light on constantly, both were sorted...by removing the bulbs :lol: I did try to knock the airbag light of by replacing the pretensioners but gave up as the light still kept flashing away

I was a little disapointed the car didnt have climate control, thought it would have as my R plate GLX did :(
Mine hasn't got it I've got a p reg 2.1 glx same colour as urs I see it as less to go wrong and I got a sunroof :)
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
midsmike
3.0 24v

Post by midsmike »

I think its the same as urs
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
Roylewaa
2.0 Turbo

Post by Roylewaa »

Refitted my dab headunit yesterday so I can listen to Planet Rock and Absolute Classic Rock on the Move 8)

Also finally fitted a new backbox, I bought it a month ago and its sat it the boot ever since :lol: although confused why the new one has a tail pipe that is straight and not angled to the floor like most diesels?

Finally gotten round to ditching the keypad aswell, what a daft thing that was, no wonder Peugeot didnt use that contraption for long :lol: