406 coupe

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
daiwilletti

406 coupe

Post by daiwilletti »

This is the 2002 model with newer v6. It has some sort of chip and a Remus sports exhaust. A number of factory options incl Brembos, tints, JBLs, CD stacker etc. I've owned it about a year and its done 40,000 miles. Its cost plenty :lol: already - new coils, recon compressor for aircon, timing belts, $$$.

If I'd wanted lower running costs a Corolla would have been good..... :wink:
Attachments
PugRuapehu.jpg
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: 406 coupe

Post by highlander »

That's a VERY clean looking example of a Satellite Grey coupe, and it has those oh-so-desirable Tacoma alloy wheels (we didn't get those over here, only the Starfish, Hoggar, and Nautilus wheels).

Australia or New Zealand?

Either country only got the V6 models anyway, as did Japan.

With only 40,000 KM on the clock, too - I guess your timing belt change was due to age rather than distance travelled.

Very nice car! Have you joined the 406 Coupe Club forums as well? http://www.peugeot406coupe.com/phpBB3
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
daiwilletti

Re: 406 coupe

Post by daiwilletti »

Thanks, highlander.

Interesting about the mag wheels - there aren't many around here in New Zealand either. I translated the mileage into imperial for the benefit of the Brits. I did a quick trip to North Cape over the past two days - 1200 very comfortable kms. In fact, I started out with a sore back - pulled a muscle on the gym. After two days it was completely better so I'll have no excuse about doing some more presses. Anyway, its just rolled over 65,000 km on the clock.

And yes, it was as much about age as mileage for getting the timing belt changed.

Thanks for the tip about the 406coupe link.

here's another photo - waiting in Wellington to catch the inter island ferry (which is a repainted version of an English Channel ferry)!

Dai
Attachments
Interislander.jpg