My MINT ph1 306 DTurbo

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
KrisB
1.8 8v

My MINT ph1 306 DTurbo

Post by KrisB »

ell, i think i'm finished with my car, apart from two odd wheels on there 'till i spray my other Fondmetals.

I've owned this car for approximately 6 years, bought it as a 'problem car' with a slipped cambelt, dropped another engine in and planned just to drive it into the ground, which i did, then one day the old bill didn't like my driving - resulting to a ban to say the least. I took the opportunity to just take my time finding cheap things to do to it, the 'cheap list' seems to go on forever. Anyway, i do beleive i'm finished with the car, there's not one thing i would want to change on it, i've just spent the last 6 days rubbing it down, by hand, as i re-sprayed it myself (with help from my Girlfriend). I seized the opportunity today to jetwash all the door shuts, under the bonnet and inside the boot... that g3 gets everywhere, so does the anti hologram stuff - cleaned it all of, gave the car a quick wash and simply waxed it up with Carnuba wax, great stuff for black cars when applied with the suitable sponge, then a quick wipe over with a tack clotch, clean windows and into the field for some pictures.

The scuff on the bumper annoys the hell out of me, but it's not worth re-spraying a bumper over, yet. Did it whilst moving the car on a trailer, the ramps rubbed on the bumper, despite my efforts of packing loads of cloth in they just fell out once it started moving.

My project thread would go on forever, but i guess to sum up... Xsara Disc rear beam, lowered 40mm over Xsara vts height, G-max shocks and Spax springs, Braided hoses all round, Backbox and de-cat, Lightly tinted windows (front will have to come off), Twin optic headlights and stalk, Brand new indicators for the fresh look, 106xsi fogs, De-badged grill (now cracked) PH3 rub strips and rear lights, Xsara mist jets, Aeriel, Side repeaters, S16 Seats and doorcards, Lockwood white dials, Gearknob and handbrake, Isotta steering wheel, Pedals, Black roof lining, PH3 stealth shelf. Spoiler and fuel caps with stainless bolts, underside cleaned, welded and undersealed.

Old Alpine headunit to a Linedriver, Amped vibe se-k50's up front in sealed enclosures, tweeters instead of mirror adjusters, crossovers in the centre console and a Vibe slick amp powering a Massive audio TWZ12 sub in a sealed 33mhz box. MDF lined boot floor and sides trimmed. 0awg power cable.

Thanks for looking :)
plod
3.0 24v

Re: My MINT ph1 306 DTurbo

Post by plod »

Tasty 8)
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

Nice Motor Kris 8)
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
CountryPug
2.0 Turbo

Post by CountryPug »

Cleanest XUD I've seen. Real nice phase 1, not many folk go for them these days but I like the old shape.The guages by the gearstick are a nice touch :)
Present - 95' 405 GLX TD
Previous - 01' 406 LX HDi
Busman
3.0 24v

Post by Busman »

Wow, you should be very very proud of this. Always liked the 306 diesels. Good solid fairly basic diesel enginering. Almost impossible to wear out with normal maintenance.
Mate of mine had one years ago in Plymouth. He used to drive it to Leeds and back a couple of times a week. When it was written off in a car park, it had almost done 380,000 miles.
Keep up the good work,
Richard.
1999 HDI 110 GLX Estate Sold On at 230,000 miles to the lucky John
2003 HDI 110 Rapier Estate
1998 D8 1.9XUD Estate LX 7 seater Estate sold, with regret
1999 306 1.8 petrol.
andymacg
2.0 16v

Post by andymacg »

fantastic car chap, qaulity workmanship,
jolly green giant 1.8 16v LX estate
ToddM
2.0 Turbo

Post by ToddM »

Tight motor that, not much to go wrong with it either. Hell of a lot of work and a lot of work well done! What's the insurance like on one of these puppies?
Captain Jack wrote:On a serious note, I managed to get my knob off after some persuasive yanking. Then used some epoxy to put the new one on. Glue still setting now so haven't had the chance to test it.
steve_earwig wrote:Ooh-er mrs. :shock: