The Car (and jeep)

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: The Car (and jeep)

Post by FarmerPug »

yup basically. Although allow me to add a bit. When its cleaned, wait 5 minuites for it to dry and do its stuff, clean the seat with a damp clean cloth, wait for that to dry, apply the dye (gliptone is best) to the area, do it a few times if necessary in small layers, leaving a bit of time between layer. Let the the colour dry for 24 hours, its best to leave it alone. After its completley dry, you may wish to add any gloss, or colour matcher also supplied in the box, i didnt need to, after that wait about an hour. Then apply the conditioner all over.
Once the colours back in if you look after the leather there is no reason for it to loose the colour again, so every month condition it and keep it clean. Dont ever use alcohol wipes on leather it dries them out, son of a gun is no good either, it needs to be cared for correctly. It looks great when its in good nick, you shouldnt need a sample match for black leather as much as cream leather.
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

cheers mate. i will get the gliptone die.

but will use my autoglym cleaner. shouldnt see there being a problem with that cos its top noch stuff .
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

no it should probably work.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

thanks for your help mate .. and dave 8)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I got the other car today. Paid £250 and got a £20 luck penny, then while breaking at it ive found over £5 in coins. So here it is:
so there is parts to be had.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Arr cool same colour as yours,
break it to a bear shell mate :wink:

iwill buy afew bits off you,
Ive spied the mudflaps and the front fogs give us a price if you decide to sell them,

thanks,
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

it looks the same colour but its slightly different. The bootlid is a bit rougher than mine, as are the doors which i wont be removing. But ive pulled quite a bit off today.
heres the car more:
heres some rust:
a dent:
tidy interior:
no service history:
low miles:
the parts:

so i have got this so far:
- instruction manual and leather cover
- silver handbrake button
- courtesy lights
- wooden trim
- wing mirrors
- all the door cards
- back seats (not in good condition)
- all electric window switches, and ill refurbish the drivers one tonight.
- MFD
- seat belts all black and working
- all the speakers
i tried to pull off the back bumper, undone the bolts but its still not coming off. is there a clip somewhere?
you can have the mudflaps yes, but ill need to check the condition. And the foglights if i can get them off.
Its also got a set of immaculate bridgestone tyres on steel wheels real good thread depth, i suppose i could put them on gumtree.
Remember the car im breaking is the BHZ reg car, not the USB one. Its a 2000 hdi 110.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

cheers fp

also ineed the flap that goes over the handbrake the bit that goes on the console,
some Good bits on there so ithink youve done well, 8)

Get it broke up properly and store all the bits alternator /starter gearbox etc fuel pumps etc there worth having as spares

:idea: keep the ign barrel /ecu and locks + bsi alltoghether (paired)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

im breaking it as quick as possible, then scrap it, to buy this new shed.
So i have you down for the flap round the handbrake, is that the front flat bit, or the back spring loaded bit? I can do both. then when i get to the front ill let you know more about the fogs, which seem to be a bit foggy at the moment.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

FarmerPug wrote:im breaking it as quick as possible, then scrap it, to buy this new shed.
So i have you down for the flap round the handbrake, is that the front flat bit, or the back spring loaded bit? I can do both. then when i get to the front ill let you know more about the fogs, which seem to be a bit foggy at the moment.
the flap is the back bit ineed on the handbrake dont know if its spring loaded or not mines naffed,
leave the fog in fog lights mate they will match with my fogged up headlight then :lol:
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

FP, the numberplate is also a UK personalized plate - you could potentially sell the registration on to someone in the UK as well. I've never had a car with one of those (and I don't want one myself) so I don't know how you would go about selling it as far as the DVLA is concerned, but there's money to be made on that plate, I'm sure.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

farmer. i want all 5 seat belts mate.

how much for all 5 delivered ...
Gary406

Post by Gary406 »

ps . rear bumper removal ..

under neith the car is 3 bolts . get under car and look up

inside the rear quaters is 1 bolt

and the last bolt is access only inside under the rear wheel arch lining. wheel off. liner out. you will see the bolt right at the edge of the bumper ...
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

highlander wrote:FP, the numberplate is also a UK personalized plate - you could potentially sell the registration on to someone in the UK as well. I've never had a car with one of those (and I don't want one myself) so I don't know how you would go about selling it as far as the DVLA is concerned, but there's money to be made on that plate, I'm sure.
Good idea but :the car wouid have to be taxed and have a valid mot to be able to sell the plate,
tbh theres no value in it anyway you can pick plates up like that for around £150 ,
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Lozz i got the handbrake thingy out, the springs in good nick.