The Car (and jeep)

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: The Car (and jeep)

Post by FarmerPug »

wow you did a fine job there, im amazed to see the rust has affected your jeep in the exact same spots as mine has. What sort of engine have you got in it.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

actually thank you many times for them pictures, i knew my sills were rotten, but had no idea what to do, that box section is a fanstastic idea.
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Dai where do you go off road too?
I'd love to get a little Suzuki Jimney to have a play but I don't think theres anywhere around here to go offroad? :(
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Join one of the off road clubs, they have plenty of places to go, normally they arrange to go out on specific day and its like a rally.
Your after a jimny? not the samurai which is the older and tougher one.
A daihatsu fourtrack is also a very good jeep, about the same size as the samurai but with a huge 2.7 diesel they pull like a train, thats why there is so many with cattle trailers on the back.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

here you go bailes:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories
Im hoping that the best thing that can be done to one of these is the 1.6 conversion. But if you wanted to do one i would hunt down a 16v fuel injected engine because i dont like the carburettor.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Sorry boys, been doing a bit of work! :oops: :lol:

It's a 1300 with a Weber Carb, not exactly lightning fast but it's not too bad, the engine out performs the rest of the truck anyway, a bigger engine might make it go faster but I wouldn't want to! :shock:

As far as offroading goes, the main club I used to be a member of kinda moved on, half of them have gone rediculous and are doing all kinds of challenges (I didn't have the time or money to build a challenge truck) and the other half have got into road rallying in little hatchbacks 8). That coupled with the fact I'm so busy with work and college at the moment means I haven't had time to do any offroading for a couple of years, my truck's just sat in the garage gathering dust... :cry:

I was properly into green laning a few years ago though, was a member of many local and national organisations and was even regional team leader for the Countryside Recreational Access Group http://www.crag-uk.org/ . Then the bobble hats got their way and the laws on greenlanes changed and no-one really knew what was what anymore, and I changed jobs and didn't have the time anymore. I can probably find out about local lanes again Sam, I still know people in the know :wink: .

Also there's a number of "Pay & Play" sites about, there's a good one that springs to mind in Radyr. Best thing to do as FP says is join a club, they'll be doing days out regularly. I notice one of my facebook friends has posted a load of offroading pics recently...

Oh and if you want a truck Sam make me an offer, mines doing nowt at the moment. I'd much rather see it go to someone I know for a sensible yet modest amount than go on ebay for a few more quid but my pride and joy ends up with some knob 'ed who wrecks it :evil: .

Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Wasn't someone stuffing an XUD in one of these a while back? Shame you binned that DW10 FP...

You'd be astounded how much those 'ickle Zooks go for here :(
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I planned to put an xud in mine but changed my mind, i wanted to keep it light as thats the suzukis main advantage. The 1.6 apparently just has a longer stroke so the engine itself is not much heavier so im hoping for more power without more weight.

I must say thats a very nice jeep you have, id love to have mine in that shape but i dont think i could get it that good. Not at the moment anyhow.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I got a pallet of 22mm thick plywood (lifting the stuff is heavy) and lined the inside of the shed.
still a bit cluttered at the moment as i havent got the table and other shelf in yet.
and i kept the old opening glass window from my old shed, and put it in here:

Just the plugs to put on now and get the electric in.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

nice shed well done fp

ibet that will last years not like B%Q shite 8)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

for £500 in B&Q youd be lucky to get something half the size and most definatley it would be made with overlapping boards which is rubbish.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

FarmerPug wrote:for £500 in B&Q youd be lucky to get something half the size and most definatley it would be made with overlapping boards which is rubbish.
Yer very true
they make them out of fencing pannels,
mines getting burnt next bonfire night its not rotten but itl blow over in the winds we have up here its just too light when you walk in it you can feel it move like a caravan its total shite,
my dogs use it sometimes to get out of the hot sun in the garden its about all its useful for,

idont store anything in it as someone wouid be in it you only have to blow on them and you can get in them pannels are wafer thin no point even putting a pad lock on them
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Thats the advantage of this plywood, the shed feels flimsy before it goes in, after it feels very solid, even better is the fact you can put stuff on the walls, in a normal shed if you screw onto the walls the screw will go through the other side, not here.
Chipwood and MDF are rubbish in a shed, they get damp, soak it up and go into mush like my old shed, which then rotted away.
B&Q sheds, i just dont think much of them at all, they are too small, and built cheaply, then sold expensivley. At their prices you could get a good tongue and groove shed at a proper shed maker, tongue and groove is the only way for a good shed, unless you want bugs inside.
Now i need to get the electric in, and the aeriel for the old grundig.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I took a go at the shed today the tube lights are up (no electricity yet) and a neat wall for the tools inspired by james may in top ground gear force: