My R-reg 406 GLX

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com
DannyB
1.6 8v

My R-reg 406 GLX

Post by DannyB »

Well got some pictures tonight of my bargain basement 406. Managed to sort the oil leak too, turned out the sump plug had come loose but after checking the levels she's a little full so gotta drop some out when I get chance but tbh if I get chance I'll give her a quick service at the weekend and put a new sump plug and washer on there so I can be completely happy. Now, all I've got to get fixed is the slight knock it has at the front, think it my be a bush or exhaust mount as there isn't any juddering on the wheel or pulling under braking but it doesn't bother me too much, at the moment!

Her she is in her completely standard state!

Lol,, beautiful, ain't she! :lol:

Have started sorting things out though, here's a picture of the first bit of trim I've vinyled.

It's gone on OK, there are a few tiny air bubbles that will drop out but I'm pretty happy with the finish. Might change the colour in the end but I've got a load of black off cuts laying about so it'll do for the minute.

Seeing this picture has reminded me, anyone know how I can sort out around the air-bag where it has started to lift?!

I'll stick up some progress pics when I do the other bits.
Blue406
406 Gimp

Re: My R-reg 406 GLX

Post by Blue406 »

Very tidy car mate :)

I don't think there is a 100% proof way of sorting the lifting vinyl on the airbag.
You can of course get a new one, but that's cost you an arm and a leg. :shock:
I carefully used superglue on mine. But be careful, tis all too easy to make a right dogs dinner of it.

My suggestions for further subtle mods:
D9 Air vents (they have a little silver insert in the adjuster knob)
Non smokers kit (replaces the ashtray with a little man compartment)
Silver interior door handles.
DannyB
1.6 8v

Post by DannyB »

Cool, I'll keep my eye out for those bits :cheesy:

TBH I had picked her up as a bit of a stop-gap as I'm fighting with an insurance company over the value of my last car but having driven the 406 a couple of times and taking in to hand the amazing condition of the bodywork, I might just keep her.

If I can get any more money out of the insurance company I'll be planning just to lower the car down and get a nice set of 17's on there, but I wouldn't be surprised if I get bored and chuck some vinyl on there :lol:
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Very nice Danny! :)
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
Will406td
1.8 16v

Post by Will406td »

very nice tidy car mate, mine is silver aswell.

i must admit i would like to lower mine but im abit worried it will ruin the comfort
Silver 406 GLX 2.1TD saloon