Plastic/chrome bumper trim

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: Plastic/chrome bumper trim

Post by GingerMagic »

I understand that Peter, but if you want some nice matching seats, white dials and lovely trims to put into your nice new 406 then these are a good option :mrgreen:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Does look nice but unfortunately have no means of transporting it. Went to Chard and back in the new one 45mpg :shock: the other one does nearly 60 mpg, with I had stuck to the old one!

Peter
trufflehunt
3.0 24v

Post by trufflehunt »

PeterN wrote:Does look nice but unfortunately have no means of transporting it. Went to Chard and back in the new one 45mpg :shock: the other one does nearly 60 mpg, with I had stuck to the old one!

Peter
Variations in the calculations of the fuel computers of both cars...?

Needs a good service...?
2006 Toyota Yaris 1.0 T3
1993 Mazda MX5 Mk1 1.6
2000 "W" HDI 110 Executive Saloon (Recycled).
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

That's what I would hope but I don't think so. The old one will do 1000 miles on a tankful when we go to Scotland, the fuel level on this one is dropping alarmingly.

My C5 is showing the same mpg as the old 406 but when checked its doing about 10 mpg less, its also been dying when you try to overtake, most embarrassing, yesterday it was hesitating coming home, when I got here I gave it a bootful of revs which was followed by a huge cloud of white smoke and missing on one cylinder so I'm pretty sure I have an injector failure, when I've sorted that out I will see if the consumption improves.

Peter