Some close up pics of my coupe ? backbox for mjb and query

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

wes1001
2.0 16v
Location: Sticky out bit, right on the tip of Kent, practically in the channel !!

Some close up pics of my coupe ? backbox for mjb and query

Post by wes1001 »

My bad - the tailpiece is shiny under all that crud :mrgreen:

Hope these help mjb and no there doesn't appear to be a washer jet for the rear.

BTW does anyone know what the little black stubby anntena thingy is just above my rear window in the other thread ?. Seems to be very well fitted as there is no visible evidence from inside ( headling etc ). :cheesy:
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Cheers, yours doesn't look too bad - the tailpipe's lined up fine with the silencer. Check this example of botchery. It's not a bad picture, it really is twisted about 45 degrees and the Kwik Fit guy really did try to convince me that that's how Peugeot made them and my previous exhaust was just a cheap knock-off because it didn't have the chrome!!!!

(finger over the numberplate intentional btw :P )

As you can see, it's WAY off and sticking miles out the back as well as being far too low. Then here comes their "fix":

I kid you not, he just chopped it off and expected me to be happy! :shock: Thankfully after some "persuasion" I got it fixed up with a short length of chrome tailpipe and some bending and it looks reasonable now (I actually wanted a proper plain exhaust but the chrome one does look better!)

I'll take a pic of it soon... Probably sometime next year after I've washed it :lol:

As for your aerial, it looks like a mobile phone aerial for a car kit. I actually had most of a full Nokia car kit in mine when I bought it, but ripped it out as it was for the old models and I couldn't find a modern phone holder... See if you have a box or 2 mounted under the glovebox somewhere, or maybe just a loose aerial cable (co-ax cable, usually a screw-on connector at the end) tucked away...
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

That has to be the laziest editing evAr.....

I allways chop the number plate, but sometimes think why bother? could it do any harm showing it?

The cut-out looks a bit 'frayed' there chappy?

Oh, and please wash your car, it's filthy :roll:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

That has to be the laziest editing evAr.....

*bow*

The cut-out looks a bit 'frayed' there chappy?

When the last exhaust died, the silencer pivoted on the mount causing the tailpipe to rest on the top of the bumper hole, melting it a bit :( Doesn't look too bad normally.

Oh, and please wash your car, it's filthy :roll:

It does 600+ miles a week and it's a big car, so I only tend to wash it when the built up crap on the glasswork gets too much ;)