Door Grease

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Door Grease

Post by michaeljclark »

The rear doors are getting very difficult to open/shut and normally make nasty noises

What sort of grease should be used to grease the arm (that comes out from the pillar on the upright) that goes into the door?

I'm guessing that WD40 isn't the answer! :cheesy:
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

soak them in wd40, open and shut them several times till the noise is gone then give everything a good coat of spray grease
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
michaeljclark
1.8 16v

Post by michaeljclark »

So I was worng about the WD40 - Once more James to the rescue

Well hopefully they can survive 3 weeks whilst the company sends me to Asia on business - rebuilding severs with CHINESE windows......

Can't wait!

Now i have to let the GF drive the car!! On the plus side she is picking me up from heathrow when I get back.... at 5am on a Saturday morning :mrgreen:
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

My back doors are well stiff and make a scraping sound when you close them, have to try harder than I did before with the lube.

I suppose you should be able to get then really smooth? I just thought it was a puggy thing i.e. not very good quality :P
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

open the rear doors fully and apply some copper slip or such on the check straps,
that normally what makes the nasty noises :evil:
its not a pug thing cos my 406 rear doors were as smooth as the front, cos they were in constant use with all the ankle-biters ive got :twisted: :twisted:

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement