Soaking front footwell!!!

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

flyin2wheeler
1.8 16v

Soaking front footwell!!!

Post by flyin2wheeler »

went out to the car today.had overnight snow
jumped in and saw about an inch and a half of water in passenger footwell at the front.
my driveway is perhaps a 40 degree incline and i normally park with the nose of the car downhill.
cant understand it as only the other week i cleared all the bulk head drains.
any kind of heads up where to look next.
i dont suspect a front door foil either,def seems to be coming from bulk head dept
cars an 04 saloon hdiS 90
sym
1.8 16v

Re: Soaking front footwell!!!

Post by sym »

does it have a sunroof? if so it might be worth checking around the seal or the drains.
flyin2wheeler
1.8 16v

Post by flyin2wheeler »

no sunroof
i actually went back and looked at the bulk head drains and what i thought i had cleared,i had actually forced all the crap further into it and really jammed it up so i used a length of very heavy duty electrical cable as a sewer rod and its clear now
biggest problem now is carpets soaking.
removed quite a bit of water from both top and underside of carpet with a steam vac so now everynight to soak up the remainder,i bought a box of nappies and i lay them under the carpet every night to soak up the excess water.
i have also noticed latley a damp feel of the rear seat although there is no sign of water entry in the boot of the car
shall investigate this weekend
sym
1.8 16v

Post by sym »

have a look here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18175#p180040 it could be coming from here.