leaking

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

marcus
1.8 8v

leaking

Post by marcus »

hi and happy New Year...

the door seals leak! When it rains a lot the carpet is all wet and soon smelly! Does anyone have experience of changing the door seals? Is it easy? Any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Marcus
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

are you sure its the actual door seal and no the lower weather strips ?
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

My previous 406 (d8 ) used to leak into the passenger footwell in heavy rain, you could actually see it tricking in over the plastic trim just down by the passenger's left foot. Turns out someone had butchered the polyethene water shedder inside the door :evil: cowboys!
Last edited by DaiRees on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
STALLED
The moderator down under

Post by STALLED »

DaiRees wrote:My previous 406 (d8) used to leak into the passenger footwell in heavy rain, you could actually see it tricking in over the plastic trim just down by the passenger's left foot. Turns out someone had butchered the polyethene water shedder inside the door :evil: cowboys!
My D8 did that - not pleasant comming back to the car after it has just rained....car fogs up really bad as well because of the heat in Australia!
1997 406 D8 ST Manual 2.0L!

trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

STALLED wrote:
DaiRees wrote:My previous 406 (d8) used to leak into the passenger footwell in heavy rain, you could actually see it tricking in over the plastic trim just down by the passenger's left foot. Turns out someone had butchered the polyethene water shedder inside the door :evil: cowboys!
My D8 did that - not pleasant comming back to the car after it has just rained....car fogs up really bad as well because of the heat in Australia!
:evil: :evil:

show-off

but welcome to the site anyway you should fit in fine 8) 8)

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

STALLED wrote:My D8 did that - not pleasant comming back to the car after it has just rained....car fogs up really bad as well because of the heat in Australia!
Complaining about Australian weather?

Sympathy level = zero :P
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

You don't hear skippy complaining when he's hopping for miles at a time over the outback do you.... but you complain about your air con and water leak.... why I oughta' lol..... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"