sills,

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

lozz
3.0 24v

Re: sills,

Post by lozz »

ive welded one side just got the other side to do, took me a while, trying to avoid another Ark eye episode :(
just.need to find another automatic washing machine ive run out of tin to cut off it, :D
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

all done now, the 800cc coke can is finished,
just need some brake pads, 40quid on eurocar parts :shock:

iwill get some pics up soon so you can all have alaugh at my work , :lol:
midsdaz
3.0 24v

Post by midsdaz »

as long as it starts and drives who gives a sh*t wat it look like
2.1 glx p reg d9 half leather electric seats d9 centre console leather steering wheel front lag splitter de badged front end strut brace all grey bits of interior is now black
Things to do finish off fitting leather door cards,coil overs,window tint, fit wolfrace wheels with 20 mm spacers 225.45.17 and the list will continue
wilko
1.8 16v

Post by wilko »

talking mots the place i have had all my cars failed my old 406 on a sil when he put a screwdriver thro it. must of not got his oats the night before and well he got sacked becouse the boss lives next door to me and had to foot the bill for a new sill and spray job.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Serves him right aspose, but a ticking off wouid of been sufice ,

as far as iknow the tester is only allowed to use a pertruding tool, ice pick sort of thing whilst checking the sills,
ive seen a few keen testers using hammers tho, and some that find a tiny hole that will smash it all the way through.

as of this matiz thing, ispent 9days on it ,welding and other jobs, spent agood 200 quid or so, its not turned a wheels since
ijust couidnt drive the thing, its like scraping the bottom of the pan :(
craigtd
2.0 16v

Post by craigtd »

what they cant see they cant fail FACT, have you ever looked under a C.Class merc ? it has one plastic cover front to rear left to right and you cant even see the break pipes and the tester is not aloud to remove it as an mot is a visual check
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Ive worked on a few c-class mercs, ihate them shite cars,
there prone for snapping springs and eating bushes,

My mate as just sold a 05 plate, rear brake pipes where rotten, Advisory on mot for it,
you can only see the rear pipes that cover underneath is apain takes half hour to get them off, And finding the battery on them is good fun for some,