Where's located your parking sensors ?

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

RayneR
3.0 24v

Where's located your parking sensors ?

Post by RayneR »

Just wondering, because i have done mine a year ago, and i have placed them in a way that now i want to lower the car and i can't, because where they are sometimes detects the road, now imagine if i lower the car .. it will be always detecting the road.

Next week, i'm going to paint the bumpers strips and door strips with car's colour and fix my broken front bumper, and i will take the sensors where they are and place them somewhere else...i know that this involves in having the rear bumper fully painted again.

I was thinking in placing the sensors in bottom edge of the bumper, in there, there is a not so curved place. At the same time i was think in placing them in the bumper strip...

Currently i have some large angle adjust on the sensors, ( please see my pug pictures in the appropriate section: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16056) and what about if i place the sensors with the angle adjust? I think this way they will point even more up, which sounds good right since i will lower the car ?

edit: forgot to mention, it's an estate
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Where's located your parking sensors ?

Post by FarmerPug »

Some of them angle adjusters/spacers in and tilt them up a bit should do the job, your sensors look like they are high enough as it is, on my car they are down at the lower lip of the bumper and that is perhaps a bit too low, they are over sensitive, although i think the spray paint i used did that.

Thats the first time i have seen your car, it looks really nice. Where did you get them headlights from.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Mine are located in the shop because I still didn't buy them :oops:

I've seen sensors there before but that's the first time I've heard they give any trouble.

Btw still like the colour :cheesy:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Anyone know of a good source, for aftermarker parking sensors, ?

Maplins had them last time ilooked,nearly bought some but ihad a tow bar at the time so didnt need any, :roll:
they apear to have sold out/stopped selling them,
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

ebay kits seem as good as you need I've put them on a few cars and never had any problems they look quite neat and are easy wired up
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

I thought this topic was buried :twisted: , but well i now have painted my bumpers and doors strips in same colour of the car, and moved the sensors more down like yours farmerpug its in the lower edge now it doesn't beep the ground :D, but i do had this problem from first time i installed them:

when i engage reverse and then activate rear windscreen wiper and the blade is in movement, the sensors module some how detects a frequency or whatever and starts beeping 0.0 Meters only when the blade is moving when it stops the sensors goes back to normal, when the blade starts again to move the sensors display 0.0 Meters again ..
Today my mechanic tested it directly connected to battery and the module does the same thing .. wtf ?

As far as my headlights goes, i bought a H7 projector kit ( they come with xenon and ballasts) from ebay, but it's a bit of a pain to install it, and by the way my car just failed MOT today because of the headlights .. they aren't approved( they don't have the engraved letters or whatever it is to make it approved ), i almost was expecting it...

My luck is that my friend (brother in law ) have same car as me and he lent me he's headlights ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

The rear windscreen wiper is odd that it makes the sensors detect something, although they could be sending out some sort of pulse that the sensors react to.

As for the headlights, is there any links to the kit, i have a spare pair of headlights to try it out on, although what do they cost?
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

FarmerPug wrote:The rear windscreen wiper is odd that it makes the sensors detect something, although they could be sending out some sort of pulse that the sensors react to.

As for the headlights, is there any links to the kit, i have a spare pair of headlights to try it out on, although what do they cost?

You can just type in ebay " h7 projector lens " it will come up some...
edit:

the thing now is that the projector uses its own xenon bulb, i would need to buy a more yellowish xenon bulb and it will be hard to find because the miminum i can find is 4300k which is almost white anyway .. i currently have 6000 but a 3500 or lower would be great ...
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I see. The cheaper ones are all from china and the more expensive ones are very expensive, how much work is required to fit them, do you need to take the lens off the headlight?
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

FarmerPug wrote:I see. The cheaper ones are all from china and the more expensive ones are very expensive, how much work is required to fit them, do you need to take the lens off the headlight?
Yes, you have to dismantle the headlight...

im just disapointed with this F* country and with it's laws ... just because the headlight dont have a letter .. c'mon ...
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

RayneR wrote: Yes, you have to dismantle the headlight...

im just disapointed with this F* country and with it's laws ... just because the headlight dont have a letter .. c'mon ...
are you using the car in the uk or portugal? I dont recall the mot testers here ever looking so closely at thing to find a letter, a dremel could always sort that out :twisted:
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

I'm in portugal since i'm portuguese unfortunately :cry: stupid country ... but yeah here it would pass if it's not homologed/certified and yeah they look for it here they are just sh*t ...the problem is that the engraved letters are inside the headlight and its not that easy to put the " watermark" likewise the other letters/watermarks
Bigdipper
1.8 8v

Post by Bigdipper »

I'm going to try and fit parking sensors I have a saloon is there anything behind the bumper ie wires for the number plate light as I cannot see up high enough from underneath.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

No problem with wires, if you have a tow bar fitted watch out for the bar that holds it in place

Here is a guide i wrote:
http://peugeotcitroen2cv.blogspot.com/2 ... -ebay.html
Bigdipper
1.8 8v

Post by Bigdipper »

Ty . Yer I have a towbar I can see that bar , I'm going a bit higher then that luckily :)