Pug full of water

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

JJSH
1.8 8v

Pug full of water

Post by JJSH »

:cry:

My Pug is filling with water. Problem is, I have to park on a slope, half on the curb, so all the water just creates a lake in the driver side footwell. Not good.

Looking down the gap near the fuel cap release, I notice the sills appear full of water as well, which will do wonders for my cars expected lifespan :evil:

So I looked in my Haynes manual, and it was really helpfull. Not. What I want to check first is that all the various drain holes around the car are unblocked, assuming there are any. Then I can start the tedious task of trying to find where the freaking leak is comming from ( the spare wheel well was full of water too, so I suspect either the back lights or boot lid seal, however, the area around the ariel is damp also ffs).

Are there any drain holes? If so, where are they?

Cheers

Very Upset of Nottingham. :frown:
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

the rear lights are the most common, mine used to leak if i pointed it nose down in my drive but stayed dry if reversed in so i would start with them,

and just so you dont think its only your car, its a very common problem :cheesy:
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

if you have a sunroof the drains for these can block up and water can get in all sorts of places
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
johnd
1.8 16v

Post by johnd »

I have the same problem with water in the car my interchanger is in the near side corner of the boot and the other day my cd was jumping on checking the interchanger all my disc's were covered in water so it looks like my next day off is trying to seal the hole where the water is getting in.
I hoping it is the rear light cluster as the interchanger is posistioned underneath them.