pug 406 estate, colouring?

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

Didger

pug 406 estate, colouring?

Post by Didger »

Heya folks,

Wanted to say 'hi' to the forum, an jump right into my question :)

We own a T reg 406 estate which of lastnight has just had it's drivers side wing mirror ripped off while parked over the otherside of the road, I'm after some help with the car colouring... Where on the vehicle would I find the actual colour 'code'? I've looked at the basic paperwork we have and it just mentions 'blue', lovely eh

I've found some mirrors with the colouring code of 'miami' blue, but even then images are not always best to go by are they :)

Kind regards,
Didger
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Re: pug 406 estate, colouring?

Post by OdinEidolon »

the color code is printed inside a sticker on the A pillar, near where it states which pressure your tyres should be.
Alternatively you can have a look here:
http://www.pug406.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... tate_Paint
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
Didger

Post by Didger »

Cheers for giving me some good advice.

I've now found out from that wiki our colour for the car is the 'Samarkan' hehh I nearly thought it to be 'Miami' blue :)
Now I've either gotta eBay for some wing mirrors or maybe I might be able to put a post in on this forum and find a one or a set from you guys :)

Cheers again matey!

Didger :D
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Didger wrote:Cheers for giving me some good advice.

I've now found out from that wiki our colour for the car is the 'Samarkan' hehh I nearly thought it to be 'Miami' blue :)
Now I've either gotta eBay for some wing mirrors or maybe I might be able to put a post in on this forum and find a one or a set from you guys :)

Cheers again matey!

Didger :D
No prob!
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

Hi and welcome to the club Didger :)
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

OdinEidolon wrote:the color code is printed inside a sticker on the A pillar, near where it states which pressure your tyres should be.
Alternatively you can have a look here:
http://www.pug406.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... tate_Paint
or on some models its on the top of the nearside strut
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
scooby
1.8 8v

Post by scooby »

if your coloured area isnt damaged this can be removed and fitted to another mirror quite easily to save you having to colour match your new mirror
2000 w reg 406 estate 2.0 hdi with 7 seat conversion