Dent Removal Recommendation

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

waue1978
HDi don't believe it!

Dent Removal Recommendation

Post by waue1978 »

After reading good things about his work on the Coupe forum, I rang a guy called Iain MDonald last week about looking at all the little parking dents on my car - Gaydon visitors will have noticed that there were a fair few on the back doors. Have contacted a few dent removal companies over the past year & had pretty much given up on having my bodywork tidy after hearing some of the quotes, as most seemed to be charging per dent. Iain charges per panel & did a thorough job. He even got rid of a few small dents that I hadn't even noticed & I am a fussy sh*te when it comes to bodywork. He told me that he doesn't just get rid of dents so to the extent that the owner can't see them, but gets rid of them to the extent that even his trained eye can't see them.

Here are the results of Iain's work. Not sure how well the dents will show in photos, but the rear door on the driver side was probably the worst. Before:

& here is the rear door after he finished:

He covers the Oxfordshire/Berkshire region mainly, but was quite happy to travel the short way out of his area to me in Andover (as we don't have a Dentwizard agent in Hampshire). He can be found here:

http://www.dentwizard.co.uk/get-a-quote ... t-removal/
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Hdi Escapade 98k to 2003/53 Vauxhall Zafira DTi Elegance 74k

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: Dent Removal Recommendation

Post by Welly »

WOW!

And those dents were on a kinda crease too, difficult to get rid of but that's a very good job. I hate dings and park *well* away from everyone (much to Mrs Welly's annoyance) :roll:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
pigboy306
1.8 16v

Re: Dent Removal Recommendation

Post by pigboy306 »

What was the cost if you dont mind me asking. I have a D9 406 estate with dent (major) to r/n/s dent to f/n/s and dent to f/o/s two doors need a blow over to cover scratches. I have it quoted as £280 for tidying the doors but that will be with filler.