what colour is my car?

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

karllap

what colour is my car?

Post by karllap »

Hi,
My Dad has a 2000 dark blue 406 saloon (think its metallic) is there any where I can find the paint code for the car or does anyone know what the colour/code is?
If there are different dark blue colours I understand that you will need pics.

Thanks
CalamityJames
2.0 16v

Re: what colour is my car?

Post by CalamityJames »

karllap wrote:Hi,
My Dad has a 2000 dark blue 406 saloon (think its metallic) is there any where I can find the paint code for the car or does anyone know what the colour/code is?
If there are different dark blue colours I understand that you will need pics.

Thanks
The code should be marked somewhere on the car (I can't remember where though unfortunately), however if you PM me the registration number I can look it up on Peugeot's servicebox for you!

James.
Peugeot 406 D8 2.1 TD GLX Estate running on Bosch VE fuel pump and SVO.
MPG and SVO tracker:
Image Image
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: what colour is my car?

Post by highlander »

On saloons and estates from 1999 onwards, the paint code is printed on a white sticker found on the driver's A-pillar (open the driver's door as far as it'll go and look where the hinge meets the body). I would guess your paint code would be one of these:

KMWC - Monaco Blue
KMPD - Delft Blue / Rhodes Blue
EGED - China Blue

If it's not one of those, then tell us what it is, and give me a photo of your car so I can stick it on our Wiki :cheesy:
http://www.pug406.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... tate_Paint
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.