Rear door wont unlock

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

djheath
2.0 16v

Rear door wont unlock

Post by djheath »

Hi, my drivers side rear door is stuck fast. I can unlock it from the key fob or from the inside of the door itself, and it makes a sound like its unlocking, but it wont open. I have taken the door card off from the inside and the levers are all attached. I can pull them both (the open and unlock levers) and they seem to do their job, but the door still wont budge. Any idea how I can free the lock mechanism?

This is on a 1999 D9.

Thanks,

David
Harshan
2.2 16v

Re: Rear door wont unlock

Post by Harshan »

djheath wrote:Hi, my drivers side rear door is stuck fast. I can unlock it from the key fob or from the inside of the door itself, and it makes a sound like its unlocking, but it wont open. I have taken the door card off from the inside and the levers are all attached. I can pull them both (the open and unlock levers) and they seem to do their job, but the door still wont budge. Any idea how I can free the lock mechanism?

This is on a 1999 D9.

Thanks,

David
simillar thing happened to me where the door rubbers were quite stuck to the body and I had to pull/push the door with a considerable effort, just trying to see a remote possibility. However, can't think of a way to open a door with a stucked lock box than damaging the existing box as three screes attached to the box from the side of the door, which is only accessible when the door is open
----------------------------------------------------------------
2007, 407SW HDi 2.0l
1980, Volkswagen GolfD 1.6l
-----------------------------------
1996, 1.8(8v), SL ( The BEST Peugeot I've ever had. It kept me working on it, fixing it almost every day, I miss you)
moodybluetwo
1.8 16v

Re: Rear door wont unlock

Post by moodybluetwo »

This has now happened to me…..did you sort your lock out? If so how? Someone told me I would have to break the lock off and replace it.