N/S Door

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

Hangar18
2.0 16v

N/S Door

Post by Hangar18 »

Some of you might know that I had the door off of the nearside of my car...

Had a bit of trouble getting the door back on as some of you might know- and it's leaking air terribly- is it possible I haven't tightend up the door in the perfect position/angle?
or when I caught the bottom of the door on the seal- My puncturing has caused a big issue? I really know nothing about seals :roll: :roll: :roll:
1996 406 Executive XU10J2CTE
1995 405 GLX XU7JP
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: N/S Door

Post by highlander »

Replace the seal, before the water ingress ruins your car. When I got my saloon, that was one of the few things that was wrong with it - the seal was perished and crumbly and torn; it wasn't leaking, but I wasn't taking chances. Took it to a garage/dismantler near my office and got them to replace it with a good one from a written-off car. The one they fitted was several years old, but in very good shape. Cost £8. Not a bad price for peace of mind.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Re: N/S Door

Post by sirwiggum »

Think this is what happened to my 406.

Bubbly, rusting bottom of nearside doors.
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc