just been written off

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

pugnut
1.8 16v

Re: just been written off

Post by pugnut »

Oh and by the way

Thank you all! All hints help and advice were indeed very gratefully received. She's done another 10,000 miles plus since these pics were taken, wheel alignment was done shortly after and found to be sound as a pound.
406 Exec 2.0 HDi 110
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I love a happy ending :cheesy:
pugnut wrote:You might think I was quids in but it failed the MOT catastrophically – new exhaust/tyres all shot and to cap it all I had to buy a new starter motor so that little lot wiped out my “profit”. Easy come easy go..
Mightn't all that have happened anyway? At least the idiot's insurance paid for it, rather than the whole lot come out of your wallet... :?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
pugnut
1.8 16v

Post by pugnut »

I have to be honest, I have to keep reminding myself how fortunate I was that the insurance cheque did indeed pay for a very expensive MOT. I was given a very nice 09 plate Volvo S40 to swan about in by my insurance Co within days and they didnt ask for it back til well after the settlement cheque had been banked. Heaven knows how much the TP's insurace got stung for that!
406 Exec 2.0 HDi 110
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Excellent repair job!
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

WOW - those pics brought tears to my eyes, to see such a badly damaged car. But then you clawed it back with the restoration and the mig welding. Well done you and should I find myself in a similar predicament.... you're only up the road a little :D :lol: mrgreen:

Well done, you should be proud of yourself.
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)