How do the rear estate windows come out?

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

StevieboyTD
3.0 24v

How do the rear estate windows come out?

Post by StevieboyTD »

Some twat put one of mine through last night night and i'm wondering how to get the remains out of the car.

Cheers.
2.1td exec estate.
TRAVIS BICKLE
2.0 Turbo

Re: How do the rear estate windows come out?

Post by TRAVIS BICKLE »

They are bonded in, real tricky to get out i would imagine, could try a heat gun to warm it up, then try and get some thin wire between it and with the help of a friend work it like a saw all the way round. im breaking an estate at the minute, you are quite welcome to come and take one out of mine if like.
Edit* just seen that your in plymouth :roll:
98, Executive turbo estate in aluminum silver. The stealth wagon! Now departed, New project Xsara VTR-8 in progress, Next Project, 406 D8 / JAP. So will be looking for a 406 again when the xsara is done!
StevieboyTD
3.0 24v

Post by StevieboyTD »

Next week i was going to be doing a straight swap for another 406, but the other one was a 2.1td but with a busted engine mount, so the other guy was getting a fully working car and i was getting a new toy which needed a little bit of work.....

And then some tit does my window in ...

I have been given a sign from on high, a higher power has confirmed that i must go forward with my plans.

Ring around the local yards and nobody is currently breaking an estate, I hit ebay and find somebody breaking a 406 estate and it's still there!

I drive to the yard and find the car, spend an hour cutting the window out (there's a shitload of glue on these buggers!).

I have a little nose around the car for any other goodies that could be useful...

It's a 2.1! after a quick yap, it's a 2.1 with a blown headgasket, so the engine isn't getting sold and i can rip bits off it, including the engine mount!

If i didn't have a broken window, i wouldn't be looking for window, if it wasn't looking for a window, i wouldn't have found the car, if i hadn't found the car, i wouldn't have got the engine mount.

IT'S A SIGN, i must have the 2.1 !!!! :D
2.1td exec estate.
marty1979
1.8 16v

Post by marty1979 »

That's what I thought when I got my 2.1 estate, "I must have it!" 7 months on and I still love it, even with it's little niggles that keep me on my toes. It really goes when you want it too, and still returns a good MPG figure, even around town.