Rear Seat Stuck

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

Zyzym
1.8 8v

Rear Seat Stuck

Post by Zyzym »

I had the rear seat in my 2002 D9 estate down today.
When I tried to put the 2 seat section back up I couldn't.
On examination the central seat belt inertia has locked and doesn't allow enough travel to get the seat back up.
Is there any way I can release this or how do I get access to the inertia reel in the seat back?
This is non urgent as I don't usually carry rear passengers but will obviously have to get this resolved before the MOT becomes due
Any suggestions gratefully accepted
Bolts out = 10; Bolts replaced = 10; Bolts remaining = 11?
craigtd
2.0 16v

Re: Rear Seat Stuck

Post by craigtd »

hi,i've done loads of them lol you have to strip the back of the seat away to reveal the seatbelt wheel, i take it you are on about the centre seatbelt ? remove the bolt holding the seatbelt in place,but check to see if the little blact retern stop button in the middle of the belt is still there before refitting,what hapens is when the seat is down the retern stop button goes past the stop and into the wheel hence seat get stuck in the down position. hope this helps you,its realy easy to sort out. :)
Zyzym
1.8 8v

Post by Zyzym »

Tried this and it works. :D
Is there any way of preventing this problem recurring? (apart from not putting the seats down)
Bolts out = 10; Bolts replaced = 10; Bolts remaining = 11?
craigtd
2.0 16v

Post by craigtd »

not realy its a design fault,sorry, you could pull the belt out and clamp it with a little clamp of some sort so when you lower the seat the belt cant go back :?: