Tinted Windows (now with pics)

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

biglamb
1.8 16v

Tinted Windows (now with pics)

Post by biglamb »

Hi all,
How are we all today?
I have just had my windows proffesionally tinted this weekend. My executive estate is starting to look good now. Ill be posting some pics on this thread later tonight. I had them done to hide the interior dvd screens and hide to ugly child seats i have in there. But as a bonus, they look damn good. Whats evey ones opinions on dark glass? Its not the crinckled, creased boy racer saxo styleee, but more subtle. Well anyway you decide, comments are encoraged. Ow ill be getting my private plate on when i get the v5 back too. Nicely!
Last edited by biglamb on Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peugeot 406 2.0 hdi 110 Executive
ImageImage
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Tinted Windows

Post by steve_earwig »

Pics please :cheesy:

There's lots of tinted cars here, usually estates and usually just the back half (back doors backwards) looks properly done too.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
biglamb
1.8 16v

Post by biglamb »

Yeah, its illigal now to touch the fronts at all. i have had the windows done on all the cars i have ahad, well most of the nice ones anyway. I do think that it looks well done right.
ImageImage
biglamb
1.8 16v

Post by biglamb »

This is my Bus.....

looks ok i think, please comment.
ImageImage
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

looks good 8) if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost cos i keep thinking of having mine done??

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
biglamb
1.8 16v

Re: Tinted Windows (now with pics)

Post by biglamb »

I got mine done for free. as i know the bloke who owns the tint shop. He does tints , sat nav, reversing sencors (proper ones), blue tooth hand free kit installs, radio stuff. you know that kind of thing. so he owed me a favour, and this is how i got it. i also got a clarion magazine for my cd player. and he helped me with the dvd screens install too..
Its not what you know... but who you know my friends. :cheesy: . But i will find out how much they shoud be, as hes hoping to drum up some buisseniss through me. lol :P But if you do get it done, make sure you do get a pro to do it, it may cost a bit more, but you can tell the difference.
ImageImage
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

I like 8)

Tonnes of brand new cars have tinted rear windows. So tinted windows plus private plate brings your car bang up to date :cheesy:
2006 207 GT THP 150
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

trem1 wrote:looks good 8) if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost cos i keep thinking of having mine done??
I'd be interested too, saves having those stupid suction pad sun blinds on the rear windows for the kids :lol:
(Especially when you forget they're on there and wreck the things opening the back windows :x )
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
jimmartin1
2.0 16v

Post by jimmartin1 »

I went to get window tinting priced there one day... All logos they seem to do for free, i priced all windos including 16" sunstrip on front window... i gt quoted £168 with one guy and £160 with another. Its usually around £25 for a sunstrip so you could deduct that.

Tints look great when all the windows are tinted to the same smoke... Im thinkin light - medium smoke all around... its taking a risk these days though dont you think? lol :P
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

jimmartin1 wrote:I went to get window tinting priced there one day... All logos they seem to do for free, i priced all windos including 16" sunstrip on front window... i gt quoted £168 with one guy and £160 with another. Its usually around £25 for a sunstrip so you could deduct that.

Tints look great when all the windows are tinted to the same smoke... Im thinkin light - medium smoke all around... its taking a risk these days though dont you think? lol :P
3 points for the front two windows :evil: not worth the risk

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
jimmartin1
2.0 16v

Post by jimmartin1 »

trem1 wrote:
jimmartin1 wrote:I went to get window tinting priced there one day... All logos they seem to do for free, i priced all windos including 16" sunstrip on front window... i gt quoted £168 with one guy and £160 with another. Its usually around £25 for a sunstrip so you could deduct that.

3 points for the front two windows :evil: not worth the risk
Sunstrip is 3 points also....Altho it would look the part haha, even if i could get it tinted at front for a few pics id be :D
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

Looks fabulous.

Now do yourself a favour and don't do anything else to it!
biglamb
1.8 16v

Post by biglamb »

i have no plans to modify any more. im a lover of plain and simple. i will be putting my plate on at some point (L13MBY). Then it will just be cleaning and polishing. i have a few dings hear and there, that want sorting and the bonnet and front bumper have been replaced at some point and have not been painted too clever. but there is no rush to rerplace them. Although i dont have the headlamp washers sine the new bumper. so if i can sourse them, ill be installing them.
ImageImage
siriuf
1.6 8v

Post by siriuf »

If there are no legal issues with tinting the rear windows/windshield, I'll be doing mine up next month. I've always had tints on my cars back home, since it's so sunny and hot in India. Tends to help the aircon with cooling down the interior. Besides if you keep the transparency level up, the cops won't bother you... :wink: much.
Smile! You're on speed camera.
REDLEADER
1.6 8v

Post by REDLEADER »

Damn It looks nice m8!
That is the exact same car as mine to look at.
I may look into getting mine done, :wink: