406 V6 Break from the Netherlands

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

tim1993

406 V6 Break from the Netherlands

Post by tim1993 »

Hi

I am Tim, a Peugeot tragic from the Netherlands. In 2015 I bought my first D9 V6 break with manual gearbox. Due to some personal circumstances I had to part ways with the car, which I regret to this day. But late 2017 this D8 V6 break automatic came up for sale. It was a bit of a diamond in the rough, but it was really cheap. It is built in January 1999 and done 260000km when I bought it. It is an SV, which means it did not have leather seats and more of those SVE stuff.

List of things done:
Lowered
Brembo brakes
Full electric leather interior with heated seats
Leather centre console with non smokers kit
Simons catback exhaust
Auto to manual conversion
Replaced bumper trim from chrome ones to plain black ones
Sun shades read doors and boot lid
Chrome dial rings from coupe
Added trip computer

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: 406 V6 Break from the Netherlands

Post by Doggy »

Hi Tim & welcome aboard. 8)

That is a fine looking car you have there. :mrgreen:
Also an impressive list of upgrades, particularly
tim1993 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:17 am Auto to manual conversion
How difficult was that?
(I imagine you would have problems with ecu programming, gear calculation for cruise control, scaling of speedometer and so on).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
tim1993

Re: 406 V6 Break from the Netherlands

Post by tim1993 »

Thank you!! :mrgreen:

The conversion was not hard at all to be honest, it is just a lot of work. Being my 406 is a non-mux model it does not involve setting the BSI and other fancy programming stuff.

Basically remove the auto box, stick in a clutch, flywheel and box. Replace the auto gear selector with the manual one and that is the mechanical part of it done. Then connect the 'reverse solenoid' to the new reverse switch to make the reversing lights work, and bypass the start inhibit relay.

I used a box from a v6 coupe with a bit different gear ratios (quicker) than the estate. Currently the engine ECU is still the 'auto' one, but since it is driving fine I am not replacing it with a 'manual' ECU. (the auto engine ECU has torque reduction strategies that the manual engine ECU does not has).

If anyone is interested I can list all parts needed and steps taken etc. But that would be pretty boring haha :P