Engine cutting out

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

vgravenstede

Engine cutting out

Post by vgravenstede »

Hi. I have a 1999 1.8l Peugeot 406 and recently it has started randomly shutting out when I am reducing speed when approaching a junction/roundabout/tight corner. It always starts immediately again. There doesn't seem to be any set conditions when it happens tho it is more likely to occur when the engine is warm. I had initially thought it might be fuel intake as it started when the car was low on fuel(under1/4 of a tank) but now it occurs when i have more than half a tank. I was wondering if it might be related to EGR valve? Does anyone have any experience with this, and any idea of possible costs?
Thank you so much
Wul
1.8 8v

Re: Engine cutting out

Post by Wul »

Maybe other member can diagnose more accurately, but I would take a wild guess that it's from the vehicle speed sensor. Recently I saw a video from local mechanic where a 206 engine would quit when they are slowing down and pressing the clutch, replacing the speed sensor apparently solves that issues.
2001 406 D9 2.0i 16V 135 - planning to use it for at least 6 more years
1998 306 N3 1.8i 8V 103 - has been asleep for 8 years now
vgravenstede

Re: Engine cutting out

Post by vgravenstede »

Thank you :)