nsr light cluster replacement 2001 estate

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

AllanC

nsr light cluster replacement 2001 estate

Post by AllanC »

Hi everyone, I'm a new kid on the block, not very good with mechanical things, had a small bump and need to replace the nsr light cluster
and don't know how to do it help!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: nsr light cluster replacement 2001 estate

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi. Umm inner, outer or both? The inner one on the boot lid is held on by 2 nuts (10mm I think), you'll either have to pull out two grommets in the card to get to them or lift up a flappy thing. It'll probably be stuck in place with the age of the rubber. Gentle with the connector, they like to break. I think there's something similar holding the out one on the wing, it's a long time since I touched one though. To get to it you'll need to take the grey panel off and pull out the black panel with the box in it, then it's (probably) another couple of 10mm nuts.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: nsr light cluster replacement 2001 estate

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, just to add to Steves suggestion - you will need to remove the whole grey trim from the bootlid to do the light attached to it as it is easier on the knuckles and only adds 5 mins to the job. You need to unscrew the pull handle ( 2 torx / star shapes bolts ) and simply but gently and methodically pull off the trim. Watch where the grey clips ping off too though. The top bit of trim nearest the glass has clips too, these are wide and black and will have to be pushed in by reaching underneath the almost-off trim. Sounds complicated but its easy.
The lens on the wing is accessed from behind the grey side trim and behind a black flap that will probably break off when you pull it back. I think it may be a plastic wing nut sort of thing that holds it on. This and years of grime and exhaust soot from the back....
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.