MFD

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

tarazis

MFD

Post by tarazis »

Hi,

I have a problem with my MFD screen on a Peugeot 406 coupe V6 2002 model. I bought a used MFD through Ebay. I plugged the new MFD and I can see that it displays everything. The problem is that the light is not illiminating and the date and time keeps blinking. I can set the right date and time once the key is in the ignition. If I turn the key off it will delete the date and time.I took it to the Peugeot dealer in Dubai for diagnosing and they could not rectify and find the fault. The date and time can be setup once the ignition is on. Once the ignition is off the date and time delete itself( problem with memory). I replced the three bulbs and the problem is still the same.

Appreciate any help.

Regards
V6Exec
3.0 24v

Re: MFD

Post by V6Exec »

Sounds like there is a problem with the MFD unit.

What was wrong with the original one that you needed to buy another one to fix?

Have you considered joining the Coupe club - lots of good advice there and a reasonably active interest in trying to fix the missing pixels on the Type C displays
Remember - it only takes a few inches of water to drown a 406 don't make the same mistake I made! The V6 Exec is no more.

406 Coupe S HDi

PP2000 clone interface