Hello!

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

gumby6371
3.0 24v

Re: Hello!

Post by gumby6371 »

Lewis,

Not wanting to state the obvious but is the blower motor working? they are a common fault and easy fix and would definitely cause foggy windows at this time of year. I have a spare motor and a digital climate control module but you're a bit far away from me to pop round, 5 minutes to strip one from a breaker and I believe all D8's use the same blower motor.
While you're there grab the door seal if you find a good one, if it's the one on the sill then replacement clips are pennies from Peugeot, I always keep a bag as you or your passengers will catch them with your feet on a regular basis.

To test the fans try unplugging the coolant sensors and they should run constantly, the 1.9 has 3 sensors located just to the left of the fuel filter, presumably the 2.1 is similar. In normal operation they should kick in at 80 or 90 depending on which coolant sensor is fitted.

Glad the new glow plugs have done the trick but I'd double check the fuel system is free from air bubbles as this can cause hard starting and lots of smoke. If the lucas pump is a similar set up to the Bosch crack the union where the fuel enters the pump and give the priming bulb a squeeze to clear any air bubbles.

Good luck and once its running how you want you'll enjoy many comfortable miles in it.

Gareth
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Re: Hello!

Post by jonsowman »

It's the brown coolant sensor (otherwise known as the Bitron sensor) that you want to unplug, fans should come on full speed.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey